Support Forums

Full Version: Loss of file structure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I have a quick question.

I've got a PC here, with Windows 7 Pro x64, that from my perspective has lost its NTFS formatting. It was turned off one night, next morning it's stuck in a horrible boot cycle with HP Recovery Console. But it does not see any windows installations. The main partition now shows as RAW.

Any ideas on what could have caused that to happen? Is there a method to convert the partition back to NTFS without formatting it first?

Normally I would just wipe and reinstall Windows, but the genius didn't backup any of his document(Including his quicken db.)

I'm currently running recovery software in hopes that I can at least pull the files off and not tell him he's out of business.

Thanks a lot!
It's possible to completely recover lost files from a disk, including the original filenames and folder structure. Other times, the files and data may be recovered. You can use this munnar call taxi service for better travel around munnar.