Support Forums

Full Version: Why Switch to Python?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why Switch to Python?

About Python
  • very clear, readable syntax
  • strong introspection capabilities
  • intuitive object orientation
  • natural expression of procedural code
  • full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages
  • exception-based error handling
  • very high level dynamic data types
  • extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task
  • extensions and modules easily written in C, C++ (or Java for Jython, or .NET languages for IronPython)
  • embeddable within applications as a scripting interface

Why switch from Visual Basic?
  • Runs on multiple operating systems
  • Better syntax
  • More powerful
  • Doesn't waste time creating GUI

Why Switch from C++?
  • Python has simpler syntax
  • What takes you a hour to make in python, can take you days to make in c++
  • Does not need to be compiled

How Do I Make the Switch?
  • Download Python 2.6 here
  • Follow the tutorial here
  • If your switching from Visual Basic, try vb2py

Sources
You dont know the meaning of most of those words nevets lol
(11-08-2009, 07:42 PM)Fallen Wrote: [ -> ]You dont know the meaning of most of those words nevets lol

In the about section that I took from python.org/about, I had to look up a lot of words Big Grin
Yes ok, that's nice.
But as much as Python is running on every system, most beginners have problems of making an .exe for win with py2exe and without that a user needs python installed in order to run it.
Overall this are nice words.
(11-08-2009, 07:46 PM)Master of The Universe Wrote: [ -> ]Yes ok, that's nice.
But as much as Python is running on every system, most beginners have problems of making an .exe for win with py2exe and without that a user needs python installed in order to run it.
Overall this are nice words.

When I said it can run a most os's, I didn't mean after compiling it, I just meant that most os's can run python scripts, because most os's are able to install python.
GUI2exe makes Python *compiling quite easy

*There is no such thing as compiling python files in the since of making a pure PE file out of a Python script alone. Py2exe and similar applications wrap a python script around the binary and necessary modules etc