Support Forums

Full Version: Disc tray won't open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My desktop's DVD drive did not open when I tried to click the button so I Google'd and tried this: http://www.geek.com/forums/topic/disc-tray-won39t-open

I managed to get it open but when I restarted the computer, it did not close. Having said that and given what the link mentions, I'm assuming I need a new DVD drive. But before I do that, is there any other way I can make sure it's completely done before I look into buying a new one?

And lastly, this is the first DVD drive I'll be buying (separate from the PC itself) and I don't know how to shop for DVD drives. Any advice? What should I be paying attention to when shopping around?
I had a simular problem with my pc before, i had to punch the side of it to get the disc tray to open lol. But yours sounds like it's knackered to me to be honest.

Depending what your looking to use it for, just buy a cheap dvd-rw or dvd+rw. Hope this helps Smile
I have the same problem.

To open -

Start --> Computer --> Double Click DVD Drive

To close -

Start --> Computer --> Right Click DVD Drive --> Eject

Hope i helped
Which one is best? I don't need a BluRay Drive and these are the best I could find. Which is the best of these?

[Image: 38239100.png]

[Image: 66344118.png]