Support Forums

Full Version: Need 6 servers Build out for self. $250 usd to best build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So hit me with what you guys think. Ive been racked for this one for ages now, right now im torn between tyan boards with opteron processors with 4 processor slots or something with more bang in the processor clock speed, with less cores, which Im really at a loss to chose between.

What do you guys think? Im also open to other products and ideas. Im looking to spend no more than 25,000 USD on all 6 devices, but I have more leway for the high performance servers than I do the VPS.

I need two high performance servers, and 4 servers that specialize, or are far more favored to perform as medium specification Virtual servers (they need to have 1-2 processor cores (tentative 2 min) with 4 max cores, and varied sets of 4, 8 and 12 gigs of ram respectively. I dont really care what the cpu speed is as long as its reasonable, and im looking to get the most virtual servers that I can obviously.

I have more leeway for the high performance than I do VPS, due to the fact that I want them to be high performance. My maximum budget is 25,000 dolllars USD, and yes I did make a previous thread, I deleted it, after reorganizing and restructuring my requirements.

Im looking more towards the range of at least 256 gigs on each server for the vps in the least, and at least at minimum, 6-8 cores at least per cpu with at least 2 CPUs or more, with at least a 1 gbps connection nic per server.

As for the High performance ones, they have yet to be decided.

Also, keep in mind, that when I state ram numerics, I mean that in a max capacity sense, it doesnt necessarily have to COME on final build price, ram can be added in the future, however, as a starter, I will need to see at least 64 gigs of ECC REGISTERED ram for it to be considerable. Anything under 64 gigs of ram, and I cant really do much with it to start.