Support Forums

Full Version: HP DL320 G2 Windows 2008 Installation Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, recently I picked up an HP DL320 G2 Server computer from my school. It came with wiped HDDs and no ram. So after installing RAM I went to install Windows Server 2008 R2 on the server. Everything ran fine through the POST and i went through the BIOS and made sure everything was up to par with what I needed. Windows loaded all the necessary files but then I ran into a problem. The installation Hangs on this screen.

Nothing shows on the screen, I can move the mouse pointer around but nothing shows. This screen shows right after the "Windows is Loading Files" screen. Anybody have any ideas as to what may be causing this?
You could try loading a different OS. You could also leave it running for awhile at that screen, like overnight and see if it ever pops up. You could run a test on the HDD to make sure they arn't toast. There are quite a few things you could do haha.
I agree just give it some time to reset and if nothing happens, then just re-install windows