Support Forums

Full Version: network cant see one of my 3 computers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 3 computers 1, 2, 3 on a home network all able to talk to each other

On the same network I have a Toshiba media player, an LG smart Tv, Panasonic Blu ray player and a Roberts Internet radio all of which are able to connect to the internet via the router

All the media players see and can communicate with computers 2 and 3 to play various music and video files etc. But I cannot get them to see computer 1. Only the Toshiba can see and communicate with all three computers. Each of the other 3 devices, as well as the Toshiba, have their own specific IP address which are listed and identified in the router but they do not see computer 1 only 2 and 3. All 3 computers have their IP addresses listed in the router Attached Devices table.

I can “ping” each of these other 3 devices from computer 1 and the router so communication appears to be there in some form. On the router Wireless Card Access List I have NOT ticked the box “Turn Access Control On” thus the router will see all devices attached to the network I tried unticking this box and listing all the device mac addresses but it doesn’t make a difference.

The only thing I have changed on computer 1 is the motherboard, replacing it with exactly the same type. The fact that the Toshiba can communicate with computer 1 after the changeover suggests computer 1 is able to be seen by albeit one device and is not totally isolated and it’s IP and mac addresses are listed by the router. Prior to this I did not have a problem, computer 1 was seen by all devices but since changing the m/board I have obviously not set something correctly but what I do not know.

All devices are connected by Ethernet using Homeplug powerline adapters but I still get the same problem if I try wireless.

I guess the solution is pretty simple but after trying all sorts of “fixes” I am stuck and hope someone out there can help me plse.
What is the operating system on computer 1?
Hi,

All computers are running XP Pro Service pack 3