Support Forums

Full Version: One year old forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From experience, I've known forums either excel in that critical first year phase or struggle. Although my forum was closed for a few months, I've successfully managed to bring it back up and running. This was by far the hardest task and the most daunting one I had faced in my time as a forum administrator, but I never held back.

Anyways, so in one month G3F will be officially one year old. I think its a huge milestone for me and the community because there are so many other admins who would have given up at that point if they didn't get a hundred thousand posts or a thousand members. But I'm happy with the community, its members and the content, the fun we bring to the internet. In the end, that's all what its about really.

Ah, but my real reason for posting this is something other than just prattling on about how great one year old forums are. I need advice from experienced webmasters. How do I take my site to another level of activity? Right now we have roughly 50 posts per day and a couple of member signups, but I know the community can do way better.
Our number of uniques are okay and we get roughly 25 members on per 24 hours. With a total 22,370 posts and over 300 members, we're doing alright. But there might be something I'm missing. Maybe there's something I don't know about getting more members in?

Besides buying a HF sticky. Don't suggest that lol.
Review everything starting with SEO. Find anything you feel isn't right with the site and make a list of things you can improve.
Sounds like a good idea. Just refresh my mind and have a look at the forum from a new perspective. I'll definitely be doing that this week and making new changes to the site. I'm still a bit of a novice when it comes to SEO, but I'm definitely starting to get the hang of it. Is it good to use Alexa as a real basis for whether my SEO is working properly? Just a few months ago, the forum was at rank 4 million or so and now its about 2 million. I think thats quite an improvement imo. Also, because I try using backlinks checkers and other tools like that but they keep returning silly results.