Support Forums

Full Version: No Wireless!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My laptop's wireless service is turned off, and I don't know how to turn it back on, I've tried diagnostics, it gives me the option to turn it on, I click it, it tries to turn on, but it fails. Any one have any ideas???

While we're at it, got any ideas for my firewall service on the same laptop? same basic problem.
Try trouble shooting.
Did you turn it off manually?
no, The physical switch is on the on position. And I'd think diagnostics would give me trouble shooting, which it didn't.
Did your laptop go through any windows updates prior to this problem?
Did you install any software around that time?
Have you installed any new devices around that time ie USB devices?
What sort of firewall are you using? I mean is it default windows or a 3rd party software.
Not that I know of.
No.
No.
It's the Default Windows Firewall.
What about if you go to the Device manager? Do you see and missing drivers?
To get there in case you don't know. Start Orb then right click on "My Computer", then choose "Manage" and finally "Device Manager" on the left menu. If there is anything missing you will see a yellow question mark. In this case it would be in the Network adapters.

The windows firewall is unlikely to be an issue.
Nothing has a question mark of any kind, however, the Network adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface has a Yellow triangle with black exclamation in it (I Don't know what's that called).
(06-11-2012, 08:00 PM)Aelita Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing has a question mark of any kind, however, the Network adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface has a Yellow triangle with black exclamation in it (I Don't know what's that called).

There's something wrong with the network driver device then, uninstall it, and have it reinstalled after reboot.
Sorry for the late reply back.
Been busy the past couple of days.
You are correct. Its not a question mark but an exclamation mark sorry.
I agree with Ace in that your network driver needs to be reinstalled.
Might be worth it in the meantime to suggest viewing your EventViewer for any system logs, (or even application logs that would use your wireless).
Pages: 1 2