Support Forums

Full Version: Windows 8 - Release Preview (Download)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Release Preview just came out a few days ago just so you all know, thought i'd share my bit of Microsoft info Smile

Available from Microsoft.com
Thanks Ace, i will go get a copy today.
What if anything has changed since the first preview they released?
(06-01-2012, 04:37 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Ace, i will go get a copy today.
What if anything has changed since the first preview they released?

You won't know until you download it then will you? And if nothing was different it wouldn't be released as a new preview I don't think lol
(06-01-2012, 06:38 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]You won't know until you download it then will you? And if nothing was different it wouldn't be released as a new preview I don't think lol

I was hoping you had actually used it/tested it given you started the thread and are active with Microsoft.
As for differences. They could be backend or front. I dont know thats why i asked you Ace!
(06-01-2012, 06:42 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping you had actually used it/tested it given you started the thread and are active with Microsoft.
As for differences. They could be backend or front. I dont know thats why i asked you Ace!

To be honest with you, i'll download it probably on Sunday lol. Do a nice Sunday drive of this newest release they have so I can provide my feedback if they ask for it. I only really use it to design Metro apps, not quite as my main OS yet. I still feel like sticking to Windows 7, because of familiarity.

I'm fooling around with my new Crestron stuff now after a LONG wait; I finally got into the fort knox of the Crestron world... Very very very exciting. Getting a login here is almost impossible let me tell you lol. Getting my DM training this Tuesday, they are flying someone in for the training from Dallas Texas.
Thanks for the share, I was looking at that earlier, and may upgrade.

But then some programs won't work, so think again.
(07-20-2012, 09:19 PM)Cubs Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the share, I was looking at that earlier, and may upgrade.

But then some programs won't work, so think again.

Some programs won't work? Where did you hear/assume this? I haven't heard of incompatibilities yet
(07-21-2012, 12:08 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Some programs won't work? Where did you hear/assume this? I haven't heard of incompatibilities yet

There will be always some negative news whenever a new product is about to launch. Same happened to iPhone 6, the bending issues and all. In this case, there is no authenticity of such claims. 
be honest with you, i'll download it probably on Sunday lol. Do a nice Sunday drive of this newest release they have so I can provide my feedback if they ask for it. I only really use it to design Metro apps, not quite as my main OS yet. I still feel like sticking to Windows 7, because of familiarity.