Support Forums

Full Version: RIP Grampa :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, that's it. He got into a deep coma wednesday afternoon after he fell trying to put on his socks and hit the bed's edge. His brains had a concussion and after a few hours he didn't wake up anymore. Went to hospital emergency aid, but they stated immediately it'd be over. No chance of survival. He, and neither of us really, wanted him to be revived again. He was okay with it. He kind of got over everything and was ready to leave this world.. In peace. We stayed by his side for hours and none of us really slept that night. He survived a lot longer than any of us would've really expected. Doctors said he could easily be gone in a couple of hours. Instead,he didn't leave us for another 33 hours. We all had peace with it. He got in coma while sleeping and didn't suffer from any pain. That's about the best way it can end, now is it not?

But a few hours ago my grammy and mom were by his side when he started to get all nervous. After twenty minutes his heart stopped for sure. Luckily my dad had to get there just in time. It was like he was waiting for my dad before he would die. Or waiting for my grammy and mom to finish their poem. Or just wanted to assure everyone he'd be with us forever. I am in no way religious, but may he rest in peace.

RIP Abram Steenman, 87 years old, whose name got misspelled because his dad was drunk when registering his name. We will love him forever Sad
That's sad to hear. Sad

May your grampa's soul rest in peace.
I really sorry to hear this mate.may his soul will find peace in the after life.
Thank you guys Sad I known he's had a beautifull life with my grandma, and I feel really bad for her, I have no idea how she should move on. There's no way she can live on her own. Luckily my parents would never ever let her alone like this and they'd rather give up anything than let anyone they love down. Sadly some of my dad's brothers tend to give less of a crap.
I think death is a beautiful thing. I'm sorry if this offends you. Think though, he died for a reason, he died happy you could say. He had a loving wife, kids, grandkids, etc. He didn't die lonely or so, but let him rest. Let him rest in peace.
Thank you, I also don't think of death as a bad thing. It has a reason of course, and for him being just the age I guess. He's experienced so much, and he was done with it, he clearly showed. I just feel terrible for my grandma and I hope she will be able to cope with this well.

What's kind of ironic is that he's been in hospital for so many things lately, sometimes we even expected him not ever to come back to us, and especially one time. And then putting on his socks is what kills him. Oh well, I don't want to say God wanted him to die and this is what it was meant to be like. I mean, no good person would say anyone deserves to die. But we have peace with it. Thanks for your reply (:
Really sorry to hear that and my best wishes with your family..
You should be happy he went in peace and plz take good care of your grandmom because a very imp. part of her life has gone Sad

RIP Abram Steenman
Burial was today. Everything went great but it was of course a sad thing.. He will be missed, he had so many friends Sad
:/
My grandparents past away last year, we werent in any close relationship. But still miss them :/

Hang on there.
(04-25-2012, 06:29 PM)Subscription Wrote: [ -> ]:/
My grandparents past away last year, we werent in any close relationship. But still miss them :/

Hang on there.
Yeah I can relate to that, mate. What hurts me the most is the way my grandma must be feeling now, she's a too freakin good person to be alone, at least she has my parents and my uncle. Probably my mom, dad and grandma are the ones having the hardest time. Even my cousin who's a year younger than me and usually is a though guy cried about all the time. It just does something with you when you know your own freakin grandpa is laying there in front of you encased in a coffin, and everyone, and especially close friends of you are there for you. It's happy sadness I guess. But we must move on now (;
Pages: 1 2