Support Forums

Full Version: Facebook, the new crack addiction?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, so I've noticed that a lot of people hang out on Facebook 24/7...

My mom just so happens to be one of these people. All she does is plays games and updates her status with stuff like, "omg" and "lol".

It's getting to be kind of an addiction to most people. I, barely ever log onto my account let alone view the webpage...

Highmen

Yes, it could be addictive to some people. But it's nowhere close to a crack addiction. Maybe you should talk about it with your mom.

Cheers.
Same with my sister, she's plays stupid games all the time.

All I did is blocked zynga via host file.
Playing games is something most people here see as something really sad, but most people here just Fb frequently. I have been using it a lot more since a couple of months now and I gotta say, yes it is kind of addictive but informative as well. I have no friends that use it as a second Twitter (And if so I'll just block the crap outta them) and I always check my FB when waking up (First thing I do, my iPhone is my alarm so I can just as well check everything out as well) And about every time I have nothing to do I just quickly grab my phone and check Fb/Nu.nl (Dutch news site) and 9gag. But I don't consider myself that addicted, I can easily live without it, it's just a great way to spend otherwise useless time.
(04-18-2012, 01:49 PM)Pontoe Wrote: [ -> ]Playing games is something most people here see as something really sad, but most people here just Fb frequently. I have been using it a lot more since a couple of months now and I gotta say, yes it is kind of addictive but informative as well. I have no friends that use it as a second Twitter (And if so I'll just block the crap outta them) and I always check my FB when waking up (First thing I do, my iPhone is my alarm so I can just as well check everything out as well) And about every time I have nothing to do I just quickly grab my phone and check Fb/Nu.nl (Dutch news site) and 9gag. But I don't consider myself that addicted, I can easily live without it, it's just a great way to spend otherwise useless time.

9Gag can be addiction.
Pentoe, this is my 9gag group over 1.5k members.

http:// m.facebook.com /groups/357662340913813
I own hf group too.
Yeah its addicting as hell, im on it everyday all the time when im in my house. I use it to find out whats happened with mhy friends and crap and to keep and touch with people so its not a bad addiction to me :p
I'm on the exact same page as you here, killermanjaro65. I don't understand why people like it so much. I mean, I go on every-now-and-then but not like everyone else, I probably visit once a week at the most. I just never really have been interested in social networking sites. Although when I was 14 I was highly addicted to Bebo.
(04-19-2012, 03:54 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on the exact same page as you here, killermanjaro65. I don't understand why people like it so much. I mean, I go on every-now-and-then but not like everyone else, I probably visit once a week at the most. I just never really have been interested in social networking sites. Although when I was 14 I was highly addicted to Bebo.

Same here. When I was 14 I was on Bebo every single day. Now I just don't see the point in social networking sites to be honest.
Facebook annoys me with idiots telling me about stuff in their life that I really couldn't care less about.
In fact I only registered to Facebook to try and get talking to a girl I liked a few years back.
Twitter is alright for keeping up to date with the football, other than that, for me, it's useless.

Maybe I just have an old fashioned way of thinking, but I'd much rather go outside and talk to friends, share stories, etc, than doing it on the computer via social networking.
My Facebook is filled with people from Hf, MyBB, 9gag, Transformice etc.
I spend a good time on Facebook talking to people with same interest.
I have a bit of a 'conspirity theory' towards social networking sites, which I'm not going to express here. Let's just say, they don't exactly do what they say on the tin...

Kewlz just added another reason towards my theory.
Pages: 1 2