Support Forums

Full Version: Programming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I want to start learning programming. I already have the fundamental knowledge of PHP and I've mastered HTML and CSS.

I don't know if I should continue learning PHP or if I should start learning Xcode so I can make applications for iPhone and iPad.

Any input is appreciated Smile
Continue learning PHP, but focus more on Objective C?
Would it be a mess trying to learn two languages at once?
Continue learning PHP.

My 5 cents.
Does anyone here know approximately how long it takes to mater PHP?
Depends on you. How much time you'll spend, how dedicated you will be etc. If you already have a good programming knowledge (Which I do have) learning other languages definitely is ALOT easier tbh. But it also depends on what do you mean with actually knowing the language. You can never know everything about a language. If you mean knowing the basics, maybe about a few days? Or even a month? Then learning the rest can really differ from months to years, but people usually have about 10 to 20 years maybe if they are really good with it, some peiople have been programming for 30 years etc.
I would learn PHP if you want to continue in web development. But if you want to do Ipod apps, your going to have to learn C.
I would stick to PHP, because that will be more useful in the future. C is a little more everywhere though.
(04-07-2012, 09:39 AM)Rhynorater Wrote: [ -> ]I would learn PHP if you want to continue in web development. But if you want to do Ipod apps, your going to have to learn C.

No, you're talking about Objective-C for Apple, not C.