Support Forums

Full Version: Let's Start Building On SF's Activity!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
RDCA Wrote:Well people have been saying this for a while, including me at more than one point. I think someone needs to stop complaining and take initiative. Only we can change the community. Maybe Omni would be more obliged to do stuff or have staff if there was a need for one. This site isn't inactive, but it is not active enough to the point, to where we can really get the community feeling. I just think, we need to get some new members somehow, and get a good idea going. Then discussion should facilitate itself afterwards. Also Omni hasn't abandoned it, if he did he would have sold it for the couple of hundred this site is worth. I know he still sees potential here, he is just waiting for it to happen so he can capitalize on it. A lot of people are dubious about Omni and his skill, I wouldn't call him the best, but he does a damn good job. Most people can't relate to owning a site like HF and the amount of work it takes. Plus all the stress he faces daily. I think it has made him a bit non-sympathetic, but I love that about him at times.

So what do we need to do to get activity. We need an idea, that will start up good discussions. Or maybe a way for us to get more members to visit regularly. Something to make them say "O yea I need to check that thread on SF" or actually have the groups do something. Remember we run them, not Omni so don't even blame him. I will say Breshie did give it a good try with his group. Though since me and others dissented from his ideas and his leadership role a lot, it never really picked up.

So lets change this thread right now, from one complaining, to one for ideas about how we can get the community pumping a little bit more.

This is a wonderful post that I've quoted by RDCA from another post, it makes 100% sense and I think we really need to do it! So let's start thinking guys, what are we going to do?

I think we could put up advertisements on our websites to try to increase activity, that's a start?..
I just joined and got refereed to this website via a google search,

lets do this guys!
That's a good post by RDCA.
After reading it, I got good plans on promoting I'll tell you when they replace my HDD so I can access with my computer again.
No money to buy new one, can't se without computer ;/
We hope to know soon, Kewlz! <3
Despite the already substantial size difference, I think SF has a significantly higher potential for activity than HF anyway. IMHO, I think there's a bigger market online for people seeking advice with emotional problems than there are people interested in hacking, and SF already has a strategic advantage in the competitive forum war because Omni has the knowledge and resources to continue pushing it forward.

Whether members complain there's not enough activity, or whether they encourage more of it, the activity of this site will only continue to grow. I think the only variable is the rate at which it does.
I agree we shud maake this site just as active as hf
There's not much we can do without more influence from Jesse.
(04-06-2012, 12:57 AM)King Wrote: [ -> ]There's not much we can do without more influence from Jesse.

Much agreed, but you do have to remember we are on shared-hosting
and this website makes little or no revenue at all.
(04-06-2012, 01:16 AM)4Y4T3M Wrote: [ -> ]Much agreed, but you do have to remember we are on shared-hosting
and this website makes little or no revenue at all.

Hosting or revenue have nothing to do with anything.
Is it always about revenue?
Jesse gets all his money from Hf and Central.
He told he can sponsor MyBB.com servers. I don't think revenue is needed in this site, if you're suggesting about upgraded groups and if Jesse does that, I'll leave the forum that particular moment.

And it's not always about money I ran 3 forums just for fun using my own money and didn't ask for donation or subscription.
Pages: 1 2