Support Forums

Full Version: Switching to Ubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to switch to Ubuntu. 80% Ubuntu and 20% Windows by the end of June. This is my third try and I'm really sure this will be the last try. I can deal with almost everything except wireless issue. My laptop wireless card is Broadcom BCM4311. I searched a lot on Google and found nothing. How I can install the driver? If I can get over this, everything will be easy...I guess.
If you have a hp you can just go to the website and download the driver.
I have a four years old Lenovo laptop.
Finally, problem solved.
I just follow this one and it works. For some reason, it won't work last time...
http://nfolamp.wordpress.com/2011/10/15/...1-working/
Good to hear its working. I'm also currently dual booting Ubuntu on Windows.
And great news, I'm now doing pretty well with Ubuntu! Big Grin So proud of myself.
Oh one question, how I can access and read files from Windows when I'm in Ubuntu? I want to listen to songs that I have in my Windows 7.
(03-27-2012, 10:46 AM)Miku Wrote: [ -> ]And great news, I'm now doing pretty well with Ubuntu! Big Grin So proud of myself.
Oh one question, how I can access and read files from Windows when I'm in Ubuntu? I want to listen to songs that I have in my Windows 7.

Hi, its very easy, once you have Ubuntu installed in dualboot with windows, just start Ubuntu, then go to places , there you will see the physical drive C: " i suppose" , just right clic on it and select " Mount". the drive C: will appear on ubuntu desktop, you can browse all the files and folders, plus playing your own music.
EnjoyThumbsup
To start off. I would recommend 40% Ubuntu if not less.
Just my opinion.
Ok, finally truly install Ubuntu side-by-side. Turns out Wubi installation couldn't access files, but I can access file when I use the cd to install. Yay! Big Grin
I'm going to try to get into Ubuntu, i've used it before and i prefer
windows, but ubuntu is so much liter and easier to use ~
(03-31-2012, 01:57 AM)4Y4T3M Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to try to get into Ubuntu, i've used it before and i prefer
windows, but ubuntu is so much liter and easier to use ~

Ya, but need to do a lot of researches. Good luck. I'm getting the hang of it now.
Pages: 1 2