Support Forums

Full Version: pc working too much
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my computer is always working its idle, no programs open and i still hear the fan and computer (especially the yellow light on the tower from the motherboard blinking) as if its always working or processing taks but im not doing anything. besides cleaning the fan with a compressed air can, which i will do as soon as i get one, what else could be the probably cause?
One thing you may do is change the power settings. Depending on what OS you are using, you can use System Standby, or Hibernate, or sleep. This will do a number of things from shut down services to practically turn the whole computer to a sleeping state. I have a doc from school on this somewhere. I can post it up. Something else you may do, and it will also help you learn the different process and services, open up task manager. Go to Processes and then find one and Google it. IT will tell you what is does, what it is, etc, etc. Also. in the run box> compmgmt.msc, then go to services, and do the same thing as before, Google different services to see what they do, and if they are necessary to have running all the time.

IF you have way too much working my own little thing, is backup my docs, and reimage. (restore factory settings) this is kind of difficult for a beginner, so if you are just starting out, I would not recommend it. There are other things to do. But I will find that doc on power settings.
I cannot find the doc I had from school, so I am going to attempt to make a little guide for this. Give it a shot so to say. Which OS are currently using?
Hi how are you today,

You can try to put your laptop into hibernate or sleep mode when you are not using
it, this will prevent it from running anything and will put it in a state where its off,
but can be turned on instantly.

Also, if i may suggest, run a background check for virus's & malware as they tend to
do some of the things you've suggested in this thread.

Regards,
-4Y4T3M
(03-31-2012, 12:49 AM)4Y4T3M Wrote: [ -> ]Hi how are you today,

You can try to put your laptop into hibernate or sleep mode when you are not using
it, this will prevent it from running anything and will put it in a state where its off,
but can be turned on instantly.

Also, if i may suggest, run a background check for virus's & malware as they tend to
do some of the things you've suggested in this thread.

Regards,
-4Y4T3M

i never said anything about it being a laptop. its a desktop. and ive ran scans with mbam, eset, avast, supersantisypware but no progress
Hi, sorry about that i must have misread the OP,

If i may suggest,
Try to backup all the data and information (along with drivers)
and do a complete system reinstall, no other suggestion i can make
besides that.

Regards,
-4Y4T3M