Support Forums

Full Version: Rockmelt | New-ish Browser | Gone Popular
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just heard about this new-ish browser called Rockmelt. It's actually very appeasing to the eye and is quite powerful indeed. It has full facebook integration include a quick share button, notifications and your friends chat list all integrated to the browser, as well as all your favorite sites (such as twitter, youtube, facebook etc...) on the left. I'm quite surprised to see a browser like this, it's truly one of the best browsers I've ever seen! It's not something I'd use though, as I rarely use facebook or any other of those sites apart from YouTube.

I'm not quite sure how long it's been around for but it's just suddenly started being used by mass amounts of people, and I can understand why! Here's some pictures:

Let me know what you think!

http://rockmelt.com
So it's just like every browser, but it takes up space so that you can twitter your Facebooks a little faster?
It doesn't seem like anything special, its not something I would personally use.
The only person I see this being useful to is kids under sixteen or marketing teams, can't really see anyone else using it.
(03-23-2012, 04:38 PM)Alreiger Wrote: [ -> ]So it's just like every browser, but it takes up space so that you can twitter your Facebooks a little faster?

Pretty much, lol.

(03-23-2012, 04:48 PM)Autopost Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't seem like anything special, its not something I would personally use.
The only person I see this being useful to is kids under sixteen or marketing teams, can't really see anyone else using it.

That's exactly who it'll be targeted at. The bigger group of people who use social networking sites is under 16s and businesses. Therefore targeting that group of people would be a good idea, no?
It definitely looks something new and nice.. I am sure its gonna be the next in the browser league.. and since it has major social networking sites easily accessible its tend to get popular..
Thanks for the share buddy Smile)
(03-23-2012, 10:43 PM)Crystal Wrote: [ -> ]It definitely looks something new and nice.. I am sure its gonna be the next in the browser league.. and since it has major social networking sites easily accessible its tend to get popular..
Thanks for the share buddy Smile)

Most definitely, I'm sure it will take over IE9 in a few weeks... Just because it has everyone's favorite social networking sites all integrated into one.
(03-24-2012, 06:13 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]Most definitely, I'm sure it will take over IE9 in a few weeks... Just because it has everyone's favorite social networking sites all integrated into one.
It won't, the reason IE is so popular is because it's a default for the single most used operating system in the world. The people using this browser will either be a small percentage (2% most) from IE's userbase, or it'll be people who've switched from the other browsers.
(03-24-2012, 07:22 AM)Alreiger Wrote: [ -> ]It won't, the reason IE is so popular is because it's a default for the single most used operating system in the world. The people using this browser will either be a small percentage (2% most) from IE's userbase, or it'll be people who've switched from the other browsers.

There's hardly anyone that uses IE now. People actually realise it's terrible and hunt for a new one. I know I went to firefox within a month or two of having my first PC.
(03-25-2012, 05:43 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]There's hardly anyone that uses IE now. People actually realise it's terrible and hunt for a new one. I know I went to firefox within a month or two of having my first PC.
Actually, I was incorrect. I had an old percentage stuck in my head. Roflmao
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
2/3 of the amount of Firefox users have IE. Rockmelt wouldn't even have a 1%, it'd probably be the second decimals.
Looks nice, but I prefer using Chrome and firefox. Comodo dragon is also good too.
Pages: 1 2