Support Forums

Full Version: Menu crashes on website from Macs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Every time my director tries to access our website (which is contained within our main entity's website) from his Macbook the main menu system fails and lists all of the menu links as a hierarchal list.

He uses Chrome primarily. I'm waiting to see if it fails in other browsers. His wife's Mac as well as her supervisor's Mac has the same problems. So it's not just my director's Mac. He says the problem always occurs when he searches for our website using Google (search Martin County Library System). It even occurred when he went to Google through Bing (we tried everything!).

I have tried replicating the problem in:

Safari
FireFox
Chrome
Opera
OmniWeb
Camino
SeaMonkey

I have done the following in each of the above:

I brought up our website directly.
I brought up our website by searching through Google
I brought up our website by searching for Google in Bing, then the library in Google.
I brought up our website from a bookmark.

The only time it failed for me was last week when I was editing the website in FireFox. Now it won't fail there either.

Since it fails on the main entity's java menu, I thought possibly he had a newer version of java and I have an older version, more compatible with the main entity's server (outdated to say the least). So I upgraded my java to see if it would fail, and it did not. Shoots down that theory.

I could open a ticket with the help desk but without being able to replicate, they won't be able to do much about it.

The website in question is: www.library.martin.fl.us

The main entity website is: www.martin.fl.us

I ran validation and there were so many errors, I had to laugh. We don't have a web master, per se, and not too many people in the main entity's IT can work with web issues.

If someone can get it to fail, please let me know what you're running and any ideas you might have.

Thanks in advance.

George Seaman
Martin County Library System