Support Forums

Full Version: Is the US Military a Waste?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just found out from my history teacher that the US military spends over $1,000,000,000 a week in Iraq. That is over 1 billion per week, that is crazy.
I also heard that we spend more than China(2nd most expensive military) and the next 29 countries COMBINED.
That is crazy IMO, and I don't see the need for it.

Please express your opinions.
I created a thread covering the US before, and it got closed. :-/

I highly doubt they spend that much per week, especially as they're like 6bil in debt. Although I have other views on the US government/military which I will not express here.
Well the U.S. is getting close to 20 trillion in debt. The military could really be doing that. I wouldn't call the U.S. Military a waste, but we try to solve to many peoples' problems in other countries, the U.S. really needs to get into shape.
Here's some proof, yes I know some of the links are old, but they still contain facts.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/dis...104x285079
http://www.democraticunderground.com/dis...02x1153222
Just google, 1 billion per week iraq
If we have to keep it PG-13, I won't express my feeling's about the US military. That should however show that I don't like them Smile
(03-19-2012, 11:05 AM)RainbowDashFTW Wrote: [ -> ]If we have to keep it PG-13, I won't express my feeling's about the US military. That should however show that I don't like them Smile

Lol, I can agree with this, I hate seeing high schoolkids now adays wanting to join the military, I don't see any need for it right now, and I haven't for a while.
(03-19-2012, 02:54 PM)Candyshop Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, I can agree with this, I hate seeing high schoolkids now adays wanting to join the military, I don't see any need for it right now, and I haven't for a while.
Usually they're a bunch of CoD fanboys... haha

My old best friend just joined the national guard =P
I don't see why it would be waste. Sorry.