Support Forums

Full Version: My life, all downhill (long read)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I'm from HF and I've always known about SF, but it's come to a point in my life where I need help and I figured to come here. Sorry for the wall of text, but it's my life, and I can't abridge it. Also, please no trolls like "some people have real problems" like disease and living in the dirt and etc. This matters to me and it's my life.

Well, a bit of a backstory. Lived in Portland from when I was born until about 12-13 (15 now, sophomore). My parents divorced when I was like 8, and I lived with my Dad. We had a fairly large house and my Dad was a business owner. When the economy crashed my Dad's business went under and we were fudged. And don't get me wrong, it wasn't like this with a good economy. Until 2008 my Dad was making about 200k a year and my Mom was making about 100k. But that was then, and at the time, my Dad couldn't make anything because of the economy. Couldn't pay the bills, house payments and utilities were huge, and we were broke, without means. My Dad had married a girl that lived up here in Seattle, and the only option we had at that point was to move up here and live with her. We had no other choice.

We move up here, and it never works well with his wife ("stepmom"). They always argued and for the first year we were here, about once a month we would always start packing and leaving, moving back to Portland. But every time, they always made up and we stayed. This happened literally every month for 6-8 months. On top of that, I hated it up here. The weather, the type of people (so many snobs and douchebags up here, compared to Portland, which is the chillest place on Earth), the culture, just everything. I despise it to it's core. The whole first year here I was extremely depressed and a total loner, and this year I'm a lot better off (hanging out with friends like everyday and going out, etc).

My Dad kept a bit of his business going up here, but after about a year, he couldn't make a dime. He'd have like $200 income for an entire month. His business just wasn't possible with the economy. He couldn't get a job either, due to the fact that no jobs out here, and the fact that he was a business owner since he's been 20, and nobody wants to hire that. The past year he's been unemployed without any income really. Just selling old inventory from the business until it depletes itself to pay the monthly bills.

Here we are, 2 years since I moved here and restarted my whole life, and my Dad and his wife are finally done. She is fudged up in the head, she's insane. And it's just bad, she's basically kicking us out and we can't live with her. Yesterday she started cussing at me and I cussed her out back and I mean it wasn't my fault or anything, she just went OFF and left and now we're in the process of figuring out how we're going to move. Me and my Dad, again. And as stupid as it sounds, while we were all living together, we bought 2 bengal cats. Well, my Dad's wife bought one, and the other one would be in exchange for accountant services (my Dad's wife is an accountant), which my Dad did. But, she took the cats and hid them with relatives or friends. Cabo, one of our bengals, who is basically my cat, I love that cat so much, and he's done too. That honestly makes my just as sad as anything. If not more, I love that freakin cat.

So here we are, needing to move down to Portland (can't afford to live up here, it's much more expensive). We can't even afford the money for the U-Haul and the storage unit we'll need. Child support from my mom still from their divorce when I was like 8, and that can pay for rent. When we first started, we had a huge house. Now, up in Seattle, we have a nice townhouse, I don't mind. Now, we're going to be moving into a 1 bedroom apartment and we're still struggling. And once again, we're broke and I have to move. Away from friends up here that I've made, and back down there with my old friends (which I actually prefer, but this still sucks).

I know my problems don't matter, but really, fudge. This really sucks. Thanks for taking the time to read the pathetic story of my life.

edit: didn't know fck changed to fudge and fcking to freaking. Makes my post sound kind of stupid. Whatever... It doesn't matter. Nothing freakin matters.
Well I just like you wish you all the very in the ahead time.. I think thats how life is... Up's and down's I think soon there will be a time when you and ur dad will back to the 2008 time.. even the economy is getting better now..
The words changed because Omni has put work filters here Smile
No problem is small and no problem is a big problem, problem, it's a equal word. Don't worry about that.

You are 15? I am not sure how it is, but have you tried gathering some money yourself? I am not familiar with American customs that much, but I know sometimes people hire younger audience more than older, just for refreshment.
Not to mention you could mow some lawns or just help somebody around the house for some money.
I am sure you have some time off school.

Not something illegal tho, that is not worth it, it will pay you back in the future.