Support Forums

Full Version: US debt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We all know the US is piling on the debt.
But take a look at the debt clock here http://www.usdebtclock.org/
How can they possibly pull out of this spiral?
Here is the current debt at time of this thread.

[Image: 13311113660343_us-debt.png]

But seriously how do you think the US can possibly pull out of this?
Me personally i suspect war is the answer they are relying on but who really knows.
Could it be they are expecting something we know nothing about?

If you earn $100 grand a year you dont spend $1 million in credit and expect you can ever pay it unless you know of some investments that are going to pay yes? This is common sence. Running a Country is no different.
If you spend more than you earn you get into debt.
Yet the US seems hell bent on spending spending spending.
WAR WAR WAR.
Well I know one way to help, pull troops out of Iraq, we spend over 1 billion per week there.
Damn how can they spend that much money?, It's crazy.
Wow. I don't want to stare at that too long, it'll make me cry. =[ JK

But my friend kinda taught me how a lot of federal debt works. Lets say There's a delivery truck business. The owners of it know that they'll need a new truck soon so they put money away each day/week/month etc... Once they buy that truck, they stop putting money away for another upgrade, or things along those lines. They see that they had more profit that month, (because they aren't putting away money anymore.) and they make a pay raise. Then when their truck breaks down, they get screwed over. They usually have to go in debt to pay off the truck, and then they're to stubborn to lower their salary.

Just imagine this but on a scale with billions of dollars. The government doesn't really seem like they know what they're doing.

-BDP
That sucks! That we have that much debt! I hope we can come out!
Almost all governments do this, but the reason they do it is the principle where you "spend money to make money" but yes when you spend too much, the profit you earn could never cover the deficit. It has reached a level where they say they care about the debt but have decided to ignore it massively. China owns a lot of America's debt and at times requested them to pay up, if you know your government well you can guess what it told China.
(03-20-2012, 12:15 PM)Asulin Wrote: [ -> ]if you know your government well you can guess what it told China.

Not my Government actually as im an Aussie but i get what you mean.
Agree totally.
(03-20-2012, 12:15 PM)Asulin Wrote: [ -> ]Almost all governments do this, but the reason they do it is the principle where you "spend money to make money" but yes when you spend too much, the profit you earn could never cover the deficit. It has reached a level where they say they care about the debt but have decided to ignore it massively. China owns a lot of America's debt and at times requested them to pay up, if you know your government well you can guess what it told China.
Actually, a large chunk of the US debt isn't from trying to make money, it's from a war that's been going on for ten years.

Yes it's from war. US is always waging wars.
[Image: 13338447051798_us-debt.png]

Well the debt seems to be moving along nicely.
Anyone willing to have a guess as to the debt by the end of the year?
Thats before we consider the fact the US is due to invade another country any time soon (iran i suspect)
Man i am glad i dont have the job of balancing those books! SHEEEEEZ what a job that must be.
Pages: 1 2