Support Forums

Full Version: I want to start a flash game website.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to create a flash game website for kids to play when they are at school. I became of this idea when my friends were always complaining about the websites with the "good games" always being blocked and the sites that are unblocked have "crap-games". I have purchased a domain for a forum - http://chaosbase.org and I have a free forums software phpBB software and I just want a few topics for my friends to lerk around, (hard to explain, i'll handle that part) and a crap ton of games for them to play, in Free Forums you can add an arcade "mod" and up too 400+ games and edit the names, descriptions of them, etc. now that sounds amazing right? Well it would be if I could figure out how to remove the "new games and stats feature" in the arcade. . .

This is what I want removed || Link to picture also || (Spoiler Below, picture might be a bit large, I apologize)

How do I remove that?!?

This is what I want it to show when ever you go to the "Arcade", NOTHING else. || Link to picture also ||(Spopiler Below, picture might be a bit large, I apologize)

So if you can tell me how to remove it or any websites I could easily host flash games for free using my domain name that would be highly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Try this.
Go to the site where you want to take a game from.
I'll be using: http://armorgames.com/play/11887/exit-path-2
View the page's source code (Control [Windows] / Command [Mac]) + U (or go to View - then View page source)
Search the specific page for the .swf file extension (Flash game.)
Try to find a flash object that looks like the game's title. On Armor games, you'll get a folder (for me, it's /files/games/exit-path-2-11887.swf)
Go to armorgames.com and add that folder to the end of the address.
It should look like armorgames.com/files/games/exit-path-2-11887.swf
Go to it, and you should get the game standalone.
Then save it and upload it to your website at your discretion.
That is some useful information but it isn't what I was looking for. Thanks mate.
x.x Took me long enough to make that.
Anyways, specifically what do you need help with? The OP is a little unclear.
He doesn't want new games, he's asking for how can he modify the source code to look more descriptive instead of just the name & picture if I'm correct???

Also, thanks for the advice Dex Smile
I think you can get a good support at phpbb's official support forums or the plugin's official support forum
Yup, most of us here don't have a lot of experience with online arcades. I suggest you look at the documentation for that arcade.

There are some websites that let you rebrand their site and have all their games, I forgot their names, but they are pretty popular. I suggest you check that out, you'll have thousands of games, without spending time looking for them.