Support Forums

Full Version: Free & Paid Web Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When compared on similar grounds, free and paid web hosting services have various dissimilarities. In the long run, these variations have proved advantageous for one at the same time as disadvantage for other. This can be better understood by evaluating some of the vital features included in hosting services.

In web hosting, uptime is one of the crucial elements that decide the success of the hosted website or web service. In free web hosting, the hosts do not provide any guaranteed uptime. This means that whenever the hosting service faces any downtime, the websites hosted by them also face a downtime. During the downtime period, the online visitors cannot access the website which affects the traffic and reputation of the website. This drawback does not exist in paid hosting where the service provider offers a specific amount of guaranteed uptime based on the hosting plan chosen by the user. Another reason for website downtime in free web hosting is because of the teeming number of users using the free service to host their websites and hence clog the web server of the hosting provider.

A notable feature offered by most paid hosting services is Scripting Support which includes software plugins, ecommerce tools, script language support, multimedia files to name a few. This is mostly absent if you decide on free web hosting.

In paid hosting, the hosts ensure that the websites are not spammers as such sites spoil the reputation of both the web host and the client. The websites hosted through paid services are assured of professional and reliable service. However, in free hosting, genuine clients might end up sharing the server space with spammers, which would result in downtime as well as permanent ban.

Due to these differences, Paid hosting is the basic hosting method chosen by web hosting companies such as Sharktech.net inorder to offer reliable, profitable hosting option and generate returns. 
Paid hosting is way better then free hosting, if you are planning to host an important website go for the PAID hosting.
(05-19-2012, 10:22 AM)alvaroamdo Wrote: [ -> ]Paid hosting is way better then free hosting, if you are planning to host an important website go for the PAID hosting.

ya,i agree with you.Free hosting plans generally come with some limit on bandwidth.Has your page ever come up as: “This user has exceeded their bandwidth for the month. Please try again next month” .Another problem encountered with free web hosting is advertising.So if you avoid this problems you should have paid web hosting service.I tried free web hosting services and i faced all the above problems.Then only i moved to paid service. I hosted my website at 9cubehosting.com Here i bought Linux based hosting service.They provided special kind of features with every plans.So i felt very satisfied with their service.
if it was free this would be soo awesome