Support Forums

Full Version: Surface lighting analysis [.PSD included]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Replicated a friend's iPod Touch, tried to take the approach from the classical commercial angle of the product. All rights belong to their respectful owners.
Approximate time 1,5 hours. Psd file for study purposes only.

[Image: ipssmall.jpg]

Download the .PSD file
Very nice! I'm almost convinced it's a photograph.
Amazing. And only 1.5 hours ?? Would've taken me years. And I like your wing watermark thing Thumbsup
Not sure if you didn't see my reply on HF, but I'll ask again here.
Did you follow a tut? As I've found one, on how to make an ipod shuffle at exactly that angle.
Also many pic's on google, of ipod shuffles at exactly that angle and similar colours.

So my question is did you follow a tut? Or did you look at your friend ipod and drew it from your mind in PS?
..Those pictures are both the exact same, just one has earphones. :|
(11-06-2009, 09:02 AM)Warbiest Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if you didn't see my reply on HF, but I'll ask again here.
Did you follow a tut? As I've found one, on how to make an ipod shuffle at exactly that angle.
Also many pic's on google, of ipod shuffles at exactly that angle and similar colours.

So my question is did you follow a tut? Or did you look at your friend ipod and drew it from your mind in PS?

I feel slightly offended by the tutorial question. I had a photo of the Shuffle open alongside to set the perspective and a few guides, from thereon it was eye- and handwork.
(11-07-2009, 05:46 AM)Etheryte Wrote: [ -> ]I feel slightly offended by the tutorial question. I had a photo of the Shuffle open alongside to set the perspective and a few guides, from thereon it was eye- and handwork.

Nah didn't want to offend you. I knew you wouldn't rip or follow a tutorial 100%.
But I got confused when you said you drew a friend shuffle, so I thought you were looking at the shuffle and drawing it like that.

But good work. Peace
amazing!
it looks like a real one!
Nice work, however the picture posted looks almost exactly the same!
If you can replicate it from eye you should be in the industry.
Looks good, but the black hole could be better IMO.