Support Forums

Full Version: [ Java Tutorials and Guides ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys Iam posting some stuff related to Java hope you all like it Smile

first of all

what is Java ? Huh

common guys ! if you are here you should know this and if not better Google it :p lol

Well Java is an object oriented Programming language which is easy to learn and is of immense use Smile
Java lets you create Standalone apps which runs on your local computer and also web based apps using applets which are web based applications.

FAQ:
ok you bored me with that stuff what next ?

First thing to share ! official Website

Official Website

FAQ:
Tell me from where to start please ?

You need JDK [Java Development Kit ] to make use of the Packages and Classes to compile and run your java programs

follow this tutorial, probably the easiest one

click

Next and last thing to download is your IDE [Integrated Development Environment]
here you write your codes and run it
there are basically two IDE's used for Java

NETBEANS
ECLIPSE [My personal choice]

download this and you are all set Big Grin

I dont think so you will have any problems doing this , still you have shoot me a pm ;)

I request all the new members and all those who are willing to learn Java
please dont make new topics everytime saying from "where to start" please have a look here once ;)

FAQ:
please I want to learn something will you tell something related to that ?

Ya I will Big Grin

These Tutorials have been shared many times here
so as you are completely noob in Java ,
follow these Tutorials as these are awesome ! simply awesome ;)

TheNewBoston

also watch these

Standford Programming tutorial

FAQ:
Hey dude ! watching videos was never my style of studying so can I just get off your Thread now ?

wait wait Big Grin I have seen many guys saying this Roflmao
for beginners some books which I prefer,

Java HeadFirst 2nd Edition
Sam teach yourself Java 2 in 21 days
Java The Complete Reference, 8th Edition by Herbert Schildt

you can purchase the books from the above links

you can download for free from here

Java HeadFirst
Sam teach yourself Java 2 in 21 days
Java The Complete Reference, 8th Edition by Herbert Schildt

There are so many books you can go for but just not to confuse you Iam giving you the best ones , so just go for it Smile

You can also learn Java from its Official Website

Java Official Website Tutorials
FAQ:
enough of basics dude now I want to learn some more ??

follow these Intermediate tutorials and then 2D game tutorials of NewBoston

Java Intermediate Tutorials
Java Game Development

now you are done with your basics , congrats Yeye lol

now after doing this , Iam sure you would like to learn more of GUI
these are some books which you can go for they are really nice

Sam Teach yourself Java in 6 days
Thinking in Java

[Java advanced]

After you are done with your basics I would prefer you to learn Servlets , JDBC , RMI ,JSP, topics like these which will really help you in developing Web Applications

HeadFirst java servlets and JSP
free
Purchase

FAQ:
ok ok nice copy pasting dude but what if Iam facing some problems in my code or Iam having any querries ??
Wacko

whenever you are having any kind of querries in Java or facing some errors,
there are guys from all around the world who all are willing to help you for free.
I would suggest you to post your querries in these forums

Support Forums
thenewboston forums
stackoverflow
javadevelopment forums
codeproject

You will also find many of the tutorials here which will really help you
I would personally suggest you to visit these forums atleast once a day this will surely help you alot Thumbsup

if you need more books in Java for a specific topic just shoot me a PM , I would surely help if I can Superman

hope this helps ? Wacko
Thanks Whistle

Prince
This seems like a great little road map for people looking to start learning Java. Some of the resources mentioned in this are the same I used when I was first starting out.
(02-16-2012, 08:37 PM)Load Wrote: [ -> ]This seems like a great little road map for people looking to start learning Java. Some of the resources mentioned in this are the same I used when I was first starting out.

Iam glad you liked it Big Grin Thanks Smile
Great compilation of information, mate. Makes it easy. I didn't know about the Stanford lectures.
(02-17-2012, 01:34 AM)King Wrote: [ -> ]Great compilation of information, mate. Makes it easy. I didn't know about the Stanford lectures.

Thank you so much Smile and those Stanford lectures are really nice for beginners
Thank you so much whoever rated my thread , it feels awesome Big Grin, if any of the links are broken let me know and if someone need any ebook related to Java please pm me or post here , I'll try my best to help Smile
Maybe we can sticky this post, would seem as a liable option of approach Big Grin
nice thread.
Thanks for the share.