Support Forums

Full Version: iOS 5 draining your battery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everyone loves iOS 5 right? RIGHT! But don't you hate it when your battery dies within the day? YES! Okay well here, let me show you how to save your battery.

STEPS:

1. Reset you network settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Wait for your iDevice to reboot.

2. Disable Bluetooth: Settings > General > Bluetooth > "OFF".

3. Disable unwanted Notifications & apps: Settings > Notifications > Turn OFF any app you don't need notifications for.

4. Disable Locations Service: Settings > Location Services > Disable the services you don't use.

5. Disable Timezone Adjustment: Settings > Location Services > System Services > Setting Time Zone > "OFF".

6. Disable Ping: Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions > Ping > "OFF".

7. Disable Diagnostic & Usage Reports: Settings > General > About > Diagnostics & Usage > Don't Send.

I'm aware this isn't very HQ, however it works! Enjoy guys!
I also found a tweak that may/may not work

I have battery drain on ficking 4.2.1. x.x
I own an iPhone 4S and did this tips the moment I bought it because the battery is really low on it yeah !
Also remember to close any unused application processes;
Double click home button > hold onto an app > click the "x" over the ones not in use.

Other than that, nice tips you have here.
Does this actually work? Is it like proven?
(03-03-2012, 08:44 PM)fanta Wrote: [ -> ]Does this actually work? Is it like proven?

Yes it does work, although it may not be a very big change.
I recommend updating to 5.1.0, it fixes an issue introduced in iOS 5 that drained battery life incredibly fast.
(03-09-2012, 10:29 PM)Alreiger Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend updating to 5.1.0, it fixes an issue introduced in iOS 5 that drained battery life incredibly fast.

It "addresses" the bug. No guarantees on fixes.
Developers say it's still not GREAT.
Anyhoo, upgrade now and you've lost an untethered jailbreak.
(03-22-2012, 02:11 PM)Grin Wrote: [ -> ]It "addresses" the bug. No guarantees on fixes.
Developers say it's still not GREAT.
Anyhoo, upgrade now and you've lost an untethered jailbreak.
In this context, it's the exact same thing; they fixed the issue completely, any problems you get now aren't supposed to happen and are glitches that you need to get repaired at an Apple store (unless you rather not waste the money and jailbreak, which opens you to new ways to repair.)
Pages: 1 2