Support Forums

Full Version: Help with a *Unique* networking situation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A client of mine that owns and operates a "poker room" had an interesting request recently

Here is the situation
-He has 3 tvs mounted on a wall, all are networked via cat5 back to a d-link wireless router (model dir-655).
-he has an account with a website called twinspires.com.
-Twinspires is a website that allows online wagering for horse races going on across the US, maybe in other countries as well, not sure, didn't research the site that thoroughly.
-The site allows you to watch the races live via flash player. you can choose from a list of tracks, races, etc and you watch a streaming live feed.
-My client wants to take that streaming feed, and stream it to the 3 tvs over the network.
TVs are samsung 32" LED with the allshare software, i can stream video files from a computer hard drive to the tv via the network, but can't seem to find a way to stream video from the net to the tv, over the network.

do i need to use something like a slingbox to do this? i want to be able to stream different races to the tvs simultaneously, 1 on each tv.
if it is a sling box (or boxee box) i need, do i need one for each tv? aany help is appreciated immensely
if you need more info please ask
You will need to get the live feed source from the website before it gets parsed with flash player. You should be able to find the feed in the source-code (if you cant see it you will need to decompile the .swf) Then use that source for the output of each TV.

Hope this helps.