Support Forums

Full Version: WriterBB - For Writers & Readers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a new forum that has not been fully launched. It needs a few members to help me out

WriterBB Forums

Come and join. Share your writing skills. Learn how to improve and share tips. Also talk about the books you read and how to get your book published.

Comments welcome.
New logo soon!
Can i be brutely honest?
The theme looks horrible. Buttons and text are way to big.
There is way to much space below login area doing nothing. (put ads there or something)
However i do like the domain name. I dont like how your redirected to the /bb/ directory though.
If your only running a forum and no cms or portal type page then i would say take advantage of the domain name and have the forum parked in /
Just my advice others may disagree.
Would rep you for been honest but I do not have enough posts. The theme is a theme by someone else. I thought it looked okay though. I will sort the domain.
You should also read the rules and guidelines for this area:
Quote:1. When posting a new thread use the site or domain name in the title.
2. Only one review thread per 24 hour period. So don't spam threads here.
3. You should comment on at least 2 other review requests before posting your site for review.
4. When making comments make them constructive and civil.
5. Don't forget to rate the thread. Use it to rate the site too.

Just because i've seen Sam close threads for not meeting all these requirements.
Ahh, I will do that now. Thanks for that Smile
As for what DAMINK said, I would also say the theme looks a little dull, but it is different, so I can't criticize it that way. That's the positive side. You've chosen to stick with generalized forum areas as well, and you haven't gone overboard with adding too many forums, or forums that go off topic from what your site is really about like i've seen on some forums.

(Example: A Gaming forum that has programming sections, a marketplace, hacking sections, etc...)
Thanks for that :L I could always change the background if needed? Any ideas?
(02-10-2012, 03:40 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]You've chosen to stick with generalized forum areas as well, and you haven't gone overboard with adding too many forums, or forums that go off topic from what your site is really about like i've seen on some forums.

First thing i noticed also.
All to often new forums have way to many forums.
(02-10-2012, 03:42 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]First thing i noticed also.
Not up for many forum areas. More to moderate Big Grin
(02-10-2012, 03:42 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]First thing i noticed also.
(02-10-2012, 03:43 PM)GAF Wrote: [ -> ]Not up for many forum areas. More to moderate Big Grin

Yes lol, definitely, and you'd be surprised at how overboard they go with forums, in terms of the forum count. I've seen forums where members like Fragma, has had to suggest reducing the number of forums by about 20-30 less forums. Although I would agree...

Some people just have way too many for some reason with the notion that somehow it raises activity Huh

I put it this way, do you think there will be more activity with 10 people in 10 different rooms, or 10 people in 3-5 rooms?
Pages: 1 2