Support Forums

Full Version: how to install UNIX ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys I need to install Unix on my system , I have windows 7 on my pc can someone guide me step by step on how to install unix on system and please also give me an ebook which contains the tutorial of using it ?? like commands and all please tell me in detail . Iam totally noob in this Sad

little bit grammer improved credits goes to breshie bro
1) Download UNIX
2) Burn it to USB or DISK
3) Boot computer from disk you created
4) Follow UNIX's steps

I've never used, nor installed UNIX so I'm not 100% sure this will work, but it did with Linux.

EDIT:

Naww, thanks for the shout out. <3
(02-08-2012, 07:38 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]1) Download UNIX
2) Burn it to USB or DISK
3) Boot computer from disk you created
4) Follow UNIX's steps

I've never used, nor installed UNIX so I'm not 100% sure this will work, but it did with Linux.

EDIT:

Naww, thanks for the shout out. <3

If you havent try then i wait for someone else to answer because i went to college today and unix was installed in winxp . I opened XP and my proffessor told me to go to command prompt and then he told to enter username and password and then after that he told us to practise commands on that as it is UNIX lol , I dont know much about it but dont we install it like dual boot OS ?
Oh, so you want to use your OS AND UNIX? Well that's quite easy. Get VirtualBox and then follow my steps.
(02-08-2012, 07:59 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, so you want to use your OS AND UNIX? Well that's quite easy. Get VirtualBox and then follow my steps.

Iam using windows 7 so this one I have to download
VirtualBox 4.1.8 for Windows hosts right ??

and now tell me the steps please Big Grin
oh that 4 steps ?? hmm ok I'll try actually dont know I should say this but I dont know how to do that Sad like burning to USB and boot from it Sad
(02-08-2012, 08:04 AM)prince76 Wrote: [ -> ]Iam using windows 7 so this one I have to download
VirtualBox 4.1.8 for Windows hosts right ??

and now tell me the steps please Big Grin

Install it, then look on YouTube for a tutorial for it.
(02-08-2012, 08:06 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]Install it, then look on YouTube for a tutorial for it.

Ok can you tell me from where i can download Unix ? as i when i google it i didnt found any official website link ??
Solaris is a Unix operating system.

Solaris

More Information
You can download a lot of different UNIXS. The most friendly is Ubuntu.
Sorry Iam unable to install that Sad

which one is easier to use ?? Ubuntu or linux mint for beginners ??
(02-08-2012, 05:57 PM)///ViNcE Wrote: [ -> ]You can download a lot of different UNIXS. The most friendly is Ubuntu.

Can I install that using wubi ?

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=23093

I saw this thread looks quite easy ;) and can you tell me what we can do with virtual box "exactly" ?
Pages: 1 2