Support Forums

Full Version: ✰H✬[Super-Thread] -=Best (Free) PC Tool list=- [All Programs You Can Get For Free]✰Q✬
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Best Free Essential PC Tools

Best Free Anti-viruses

Avast!:

Avast! Free Antivirus is my new top pick for the best free antivirus software in light of recent developments. Avast has steadily been improving its detection rates over the past few years and now ranks with the some of the best. Avast has the most features of all the free antivirus.

Interface (Click to View)

Download: Here

Microsoft Security Essentials:

Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) debuted as the lightweight, cloud-based successor to the paid security suite Live OneCare in 2009. Version 2 introduces deeper hooks into Internet Explorer and the default firewall in Vista and Windows 7. Security Essentials has begun to mature, although it's still rough at the edges.

Best Free Firewall

COMODO Firewall:

Comodo's award-winning firewall provides users with prevention-based PC protection that slams the door shut on viruses, malware, and hackers.

It's the best product which you'll ever get for FREE. I personally do not use anti-viruses, but Comodo Firewall is awesome! 100% Free

Best Free Adware/Spyware/Scumware Remover

Malwarebytes:

The name says it all, and it's quite obvious once you download it and run it. It's one of the most highly recommended anti malware and malware removing software's worldwide. Many reasons why it is most popular is how it's updated SO often. It's very popular in HF too.

Best Free Browser Protection Utility

Sandboxie:

Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially. In most cases, even if you do encounter a drive-by or download anything and get infected, simply closing the session will also remove the infection.

Best Free PC Cleaner Tool

CCleaner:

CCleaner (formerly Crap Cleaner) is primarily a registry cleaner, junk file remover and privacy cleaner. It does come with a few extra tools. It's a great PC cleaner tool which is FreE.

Best Free PC Tune-up Utility

Glary Utility:

Glary Utilities is a freeware with registry and disk cleaning, privacy protection, performance accelerator and amazing multifunctional tools. It can fix dogged registry errors, wipe off clutters, optimize internet speed, safeguard confidential files and maintain maximum performance.

One Click A Day For PC Maintenance, Keeps Any PC Problems Away. With millions of worldwide users, the first-rank & free Glary Utilities is an INDISPENSABLE friend for your PC, with its 100% safe, thorough & quick cleaning and worry-free restoration.

Best Free Registry Cleaner

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner:

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner enables you to scan your registry for invalid entries. It provides a list of all errors that were found, and you can choose to remove all items, or only selected errors. Before the program deletes any keys, it automatically creates a backup of the registry and allows you to easily undo any changes if needed. You can choose to scan the entire registry or only selected sections.

It's the best free Registry cleaner of it's kind.

Best Free Disk Defragmenter

Defraggler:

By the developers of CCleaner, Use Defraggler to defrag your entire hard drive, or individual files - unique in the industry. This compact and portable Windows application supports NTFS and FAT32 file systems.

Best Free Download Manager

Free Download Manager:

Free Download Manager is a popular download manager and a good choice for its stability, nice user interface and support for various browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari.

Best Free Remote Access tool

TeamViewer:

TeamViewer connects to any PC or server around the world within a few seconds. You can remote control your partner's PC as if you were sitting right in front of it.

Best Free Photo Editing & GFX Tool

GIMP:

The GIMP is arguably the most powerful free photo editor available today. With that comes the Photoshop comparisons. Often lauded as the "free Photoshop," the GIMP does offer many features similar to Photoshop, but it has a steep learning curve to match.

Best Free Screen-Grabbing tool

Gyazo:

Gyazo lets you instantly grab the screen and upload the image to the web. You can easily share them on Chat, Twitter, Blog, Tumblr, etc.

Cropper:

(Gyazo is great for online photo sharing... not more than that.)

Cropper is a screen capture utility written in C#. It makes it fast and easy to grab parts of your screen. Use it to easily crop out sections of vector graphic files such as Fireworks without having to flatten the files or open in a new editor. Use it to easily capture parts of a web site, including text and images. It's also great for writing documentation that needs images of your application or web site.

Best Free Media Player

KMPlayer:

KMPlayer is one of the most powerful freeware video players we've seen. It includes a vast array of video- and audio-capturing options, as well as skins, a plethora of playback controls and tweaks, and broad DVD support. The KMPlayer is all in one media player covering various formats such as VCD, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg, OGM, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, and QuickTime etc. It handles a wide range of subtitles and allows you to capture audio, video, and screenshots in many ways. The player includes almost all the essential free decoders required for playback. Furthermore, the external ones can be specified, so that KMP works optimally by the users' own customization.

Best Free Email Client

Mozilla Thunderbird:

Software made to make email easier. Thunderbird is a free email application that's easy to set up and customize - and it's loaded with great features!

Best Free VPN

ProXPN:

proXPN is a personal VPN that provides you safety and privacy while using the Internet. It's the fastest and easiest way to secure your internet connection and unblock any website. Works with PCs, Macs, and phones.

Hotspot shield:

Hotspot Shield is the world's most trusted free VPN, used by over 10 million people to access blocked web sites and to browse the Internet securely.

========

This thread was made for the "Operation Super Tutorial" as I didn't heard much from the leaders & others, I'm publishing my work Myself here. So, enjoy guys.!
Look up something called jDownloader.
(02-08-2012, 04:31 PM)///ViNcE Wrote: [ -> ]Look up something called jDownloader.

Well, FDM is the fastest... Almost every review says that.
Ahh, didn't notice it XD
I use jDownloader because it gives me different types of Downloads to DL for YT such as a FLV, MP3 & others Big Grin
(02-09-2012, 07:25 AM)///ViNcE Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh, didn't notice it XD
I use jDownloader because it gives me different types of Downloads to DL for YT such as a FLV, MP3 & others Big Grin

If you talk about any downloader(Free & Paid) then IDM is the BEST!
Forgot to re-download malwarebytes and this thread reminded me, cheers.
Yup I would definitely put jDownloader in their.

Otherwise, good work! Very helpful for people with a new user account/computer!