Support Forums

Full Version: Facetime Won't Connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot get facetime to work on my aunt's ipad for some reason. I can log into her account with her apple ID, but then once I try to call someone, it rings and rings and rings, but never connects to them. The people I've tried to contact said they cannot see any incoming calls or missed calls. I know I have their email correct, and I know that I can log into her account correctly. If I try to call my own email (which does not have facetime linked to it) it gives the error message as it should, but valid emails don't work. Does anyone have experience with facetime on an iPad that can help me out please? Thanks so much.
Strange error, sounds like either a software bug or a corrupted account, try using a different account on her iPad and see if that works. Or try reinstalling the latest OS and trying again.

Best of luck, I hope this helps.
The opposite party has to have FaceTime enabled. In which case not only the capability but it has to be on.
Keep in mind that you need to have SMS to be able to Facetime.
(02-10-2012, 10:33 PM)RubiksHQ Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind that you need to have SMS to be able to Facetime.
No you don't, me & my friend both had iPod Touchs & we we're able to FaceTime almost perfectly.
Okay, the problem is now solved. It turns out that facetime wasn't able to connect over a wifi protected setup connection. I changed the router settings to wpa2 so that it could connect and everything works just fine now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Protected_Setup
(02-11-2012, 07:10 AM)///ViNcE Wrote: [ -> ]No you don't, me & my friend both had iPod Touchs & we we're able to FaceTime almost perfectly.
Hm, I remember I saw a source that stated you needed SMS. But now that I think of it, iPod Touches can FaceTime too Huh
(02-12-2012, 01:55 PM)RubiksHQ Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, I remember I saw a source that stated you needed SMS. But now that I think of it, iPod Touches can FaceTime too Huh
To be a little more accurate.
iPods can SMS now too. Smile
@Grin: Oh yeah, I forgot.

@OP: If you still haven't solved the issue, I have. Apple just told me to restore my device and to not restore from back up. Your back up might be corrupted.