Support Forums

Full Version: GoDaddy | Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys,

I'm starting a new forum on Thursday, when I get my money through and I want to get strong, professional hosting for it. I'm thinking about going with GoDaddy and their top Linux price plan, which will be like £70 a year. That's a bit expensive for me because that only leaves me £40 to get a domain, laptop charger and advertising spaces. Does anyone know any reliable, PROFESSIONAL hosts that are quite cheap-ish? It doesn't have to be offshore, as the site is going to be 100% legit content. I was thinking about HostGator, but I've heard some bad things about them recently.
I would suggest you to have a VPS as if your forum grows you need to move to VPS from shared.

There are many reseller which are even better than godaddy.
(02-01-2012, 09:31 AM)forumhookers Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest you to have a VPS as if your forum grows you need to move to VPS from shared.

There are many reseller which are even better than godaddy.

GoDaddy's servers are quite strong though, so they will be able to hold an active forum.
(02-01-2012, 09:34 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]GoDaddy's servers are quite strong though, so they will be able to hold an active forum.

Are they giving VPS for £70 per year?
(02-01-2012, 09:37 AM)forumhookers Wrote: [ -> ]Are they giving VPS for £70 per year?

http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting.aspx?ci=8971
GoDaddy is a fairly strong host, but you'll pay for it if you go that way Smile I've been running one of my private websites on GoDaddy for the past year and a half, pretty fast and reliable in my opinion. I know some big sites out there that run on GoDaddy as well.

If you're doing that, you'd better be dedicated to spending the money and not cheaping out after you run out though, or it's a waste in the beginning to put all your money into it right off the bat in my opinion. I've seen it a million times before.

Someone start out good, runs out of money, tries to make VIP stuff and premium upgrades and donations and say it helps out with the forum, not enough donations come in, the site dies, or they move to a cheaper host or a free host, and it completely dies anyway.
I could probably give you something for free as a friend gave me access to completely unmeterd WHM.
I'm good thanks, I need professional, reliable hosting. I'm just going to go with GoDaddy I think.
(02-01-2012, 03:07 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]GoDaddy is a fairly strong host, but you'll pay for it if you go that way Smile I've been running one of my private websites on GoDaddy for the past year and a half, pretty fast and reliable in my opinion. I know some big sites out there that run on GoDaddy as well.

If you're doing that, you'd better be dedicated to spending the money and not cheaping out after you run out though, or it's a waste in the beginning to put all your money into it right off the bat in my opinion. I've seen it a million times before.

Someone start out good, runs out of money, tries to make VIP stuff and premium upgrades and donations and say it helps out with the forum, not enough donations come in, the site dies, or they move to a cheaper host or a free host, and it completely dies anyway.

So do you think it'll be better to pay monthly?
Bro, why the hell do you need a VPS for a new forum?

http://glowhost.com
$10.95 a month, unlimited domains, databases, emails, ftp accounts, more space than you'll ever need, and a great amount of bandwidth. I have over 8 small sites with them that total around 700 unique per day and have only seen one hour of downtime with them in my year with them.

Don't waste your money on crap you don't need, especially excessive hosting space.
(02-01-2012, 05:41 PM)Pierre Lambito Wrote: [ -> ]Bro, why the hell do you need a VPS for a new forum?

http://glowhost.com
$10.95 a month, unlimited domains, databases, emails, ftp accounts, more space than you'll ever need, and a great amount of bandwidth. I have over 8 small sites with them that total around 700 unique per day and have only seen one hour of downtime with them in my year with them.

Don't waste your money on crap you don't need, especially excessive hosting space.

$10.95 a month? That's $120+ a year, no thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3