Support Forums

Full Version: District X - Created by AceInfinity [MyBB Theme WIP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Take a look at my new psuedo template so far Smile

Right now I don't have anything in HTML or CSS, just a basic layout in photoshop. I might not ever make this theme, who knows...

Most Updated:
[Image: ihFhqgBOttphx.png]

Still gotta play around with the font sizes and various controls. How's it look so far anyways?
So far? It looks freakin sexy. Make. This. Theme.
Yep im a big fan of the darker sort of themes.
Well worth making if ya ask me Ace.
Forum icons would need to be smaller and a bit nicer but otherwise i think it would make a very nice theme for sure.
Here's an update, I think the dropdown had too big of text before:
[Image: ikSNr8ibbk5kI.jpg]

(01-28-2012, 03:10 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Yep im a big fan of the darker sort of themes.
Well worth making if ya ask me Ace.
Forum icons would need to be smaller and a bit nicer but otherwise i think it would make a very nice theme for sure.

lol yeah I just added those because I didn't have a logo that I could use... Maybe that crown I have in the logo? Smile

I hate that army green tint you get with darker black themes, so i've added a bit of a blue to it, to make it seem like more of a blue steel or carbon look.

Not sure how much time i'd have to make something like this though lol. I may get it made for me if I can't do it on my own.
(01-28-2012, 03:11 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Here's an update, I think the dropdown had too big of text before:
[Image: ikSNr8ibbk5kI.jpg]

lol yeah I just added those because I didn't have a logo that I could use... Maybe that crown I have in the logo? Smile

I hate that army green tint you get with darker black themes, so i've added a bit of a blue to it, to make it seem like more of a blue steel or carbon look.

Not sure how much time i'd have to make something like this though lol. I may get it made for me if I can't do it on my own.

Drop down text is still too big. Make header links width the same as everything else. See the 'Statistics:' part? Instead of a group box setup (you VB whore), try perhaps a gradient/3D border or something. Match avatar's size to that box's size. Remove drop down's transparancy so you can clearly read drop down links. Change font on threads/posts count on board index to a less sharp one? Agreed the on/off/ol are too big, but I don't actually mind their design - fits very well with the flow of the theme. I love the texture you've used. As for colours, I think I prefer the original one you posted (no blue).
I only started at this an hour ago, so i'm actually surprised how much I got done, it's a pain in the a$$ though to navigate and find what you want to edit with so many layers though, even when i've got things grouped together it's still tough.

I had a great idea for a theme in my head, but ****... Adobe Photoshop crashed on me when I got about this far last time, so this one fortunately i've been pressing the save button the whole way through.

It seems like I can't stop ideas from flowing to my brain now though lol. I've got about 3 or 4 different unique themes stored in my brain that i'm absolutely sure i've never seen before, but I think they would look awesome if I could clarify and piece things together.

I like the different widths though, if you could visualize how bare it looks when everything is on the same line down each side, it's much better like this with variation. Otherwise the side margins look too empty in my opinion.
(01-28-2012, 03:30 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]I only started at this an hour ago, so i'm actually surprised how much I got done, it's a pain in the a$$ though to navigate and find what you want to edit with so many layers though, even when i've got things grouped together it's still tough.

I had a great idea for a theme in my head, but ****... Adobe Photoshop crashed on me when I got about this far last time, so this one fortunately i've been pressing the save button the whole way through.

It seems like I can't stop ideas from flowing to my brain now though lol. I've got about 3 or 4 different unique themes stored in my brain that i'm absolutely sure i've never seen before, but I think they would look awesome if I could clarify and piece things together.

I'd love to see a few of them. :p
Here's what i've got now:
(01-28-2012, 03:38 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Here's what i've got now:

I still think you could make the drop down a little less transparent.
Any darker though and it wouldn't match the rest of the dark shaded boxes on the forum. I think even if there was complete white behind the transparency level that it's at currently it would still be readable links.

Now i'm just contemplating what I should do about the forum icons, the stats box, and the search button.

I think the layout though for the community, shape wise, turned out pretty good though.
Pages: 1 2