Support Forums

Full Version: JavaDevelopmentForums.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

Anyone got any feedback for my new forum? Feel free to sign up if you're interested in Java. It only just went live.

http://javadevelopmentforums.com
Theme looks okay, but the header looks a bit plain to me. Might improve the logo and get a fancier design made for that graphic?
(01-28-2012, 12:18 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Theme looks okay, but the header looks a bit plain to me. Might improve the logo and get a fancier design made for that graphic?

The logo's horrendous aye! I am going to be looking at new logos in the future. It's just a pain on that grey gradient background, but I suppose I can change that also.

Any other pointers mate?
The staff section is visible to guests.......

Other then that, looks good. Also I had trouble signing up, as there is no direct link to signup visible any where. You might want to add that to the menu bar.
(01-28-2012, 01:56 AM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]The staff section is visible to guests.......

Other then that, looks good. Also I had trouble signing up, as there is no direct link to signup visible any where. You might want to add that to the menu bar.

Whoops, forgot that the forum's live now. Will fix those issues immediately, thanks.
(01-28-2012, 01:56 AM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]The staff section is visible to guests.......

Yup.
Also change the whole banner and banner background to blue or something similar to the sites theme.
It looks lost floating there.

The registration is in the toggle dropdown thing.
Is this not obvious enough? Did you see this initially?

[Image: YJHFp.png]

If you had to toggle it down, that's fair enough. I can understand why that would be a problem.
(01-28-2012, 02:02 AM)King Wrote: [ -> ]Is this not obvious enough? Did you see this initially?

[Image: YJHFp.png]

If you had to toggle it down, that's fair enough. I can understand why that would be a problem.

That wasn't displayed when I went on. I actually really couldn't figure it out lol, eventually I just went into a topic, and tried to post. Which lead me to the log-in screen with a hyperlink to the registration page.

(01-28-2012, 02:12 AM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]That wasn't displayed when I went on. I actually really couldn't figure it out lol, eventually I just went into a topic, and tried to post. Which lead me to the log-in screen with a hyperlink to the registration page.

Okay, no worries. I'll add a register link somewhere now. Tongue
I think that color looks much better for the banner i mean.
Would be nice to see the banner a little higher in that area if possible?
Trimming the image space above it or the diameters used for that background area.
Pages: 1 2