Support Forums

Full Version: wont start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, my brother was on my laptop yesterday and left it run out of battery and it eventually shut off but now when i turn it back on with the charger in it wont start or the charger light on the laptop wont show. he claims it shut down before it ran out of battery also.
anyone know the problem?
let it charge before trying to switch it on? Brother's are always good at breaking stuff,
who knows what really happened to your lap.
Maybe the battery is fried? what brand is it? how old is it?
Check the fuse in the plug, it might sound daft.. But it would be a problem, also... Let it charge for around 5hours, and then try it.
ok thanks il let it charge for a while. i dont think its the fuse because the green light on the charger lead is still on but i think no power is entering the laptop.
problem is i couldnt stop him going on it because its his laptop as well its just that i normaly use it because he doesnt want the desktop pc to be infected when im hacking.
clean the port where the adapter goes, might not help any.. but might not be connecting properly.
Well even if battery is dead the laptop should work with the adapter plugged in. If not then the adapter is the problem most likely. That or your laptop is somehow fried...which I doubt is the issue.

Try removing the battery totally and running it plugged in. Are you the type of person that had your adapter plugged in somewhere all the time? That will shorten it's lifespan as anything plugged in still pulls juice even if it's not on.
yeah i was wondering why it wasnt even turning on with it plugged in.
im gona look at it tomorrow i have too much coursework for today, then if i cant get it to work il take it too the pc shop and ask if they know whats wrong.

its kinda got on my nerves a bit i only just had it back from ASUS so they could repair the monitor...
thanks for the help guys, this forums great.
strange i tried it yesterday it wouldnt turn on so after waiting a hour without the charger in it worked fine.
Did you leave it to charge then turn it on??? Smile Or did you try a diffrent charger?