Support Forums

Full Version: Blogging forum unique tools, please read;
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you own a blog or not, please read on.

Lets say you own a new blog and are looking for some tutorials and tools to get it started. You look out to join a bloggers community, but don't see anything useful on any blogger communities. What kind of tools would you like to see? Would you like to be able to get premium themes for free, would you like to be able to get specific blogging tools etc...

What kind of tools would you like to see?
Not tools. Just tips and information to make your blog better.
(01-19-2012, 01:39 AM)King Wrote: [ -> ]Not tools. Just tips and information to make your blog better.

Obviously this, but tools and themes would give me a huge advantage over other communities like mine. But I actually think my community is the only bloggers community that isn't dead.
(01-19-2012, 01:48 AM)TalishHF Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously this, but tools and themes would give me a huge advantage over other communities like mine. But I actually think my community is the only bloggers community that isn't dead.

You won't get themes because they cost money. You need quality content and that is all. Just a place for people to discuss and analyse each others blogs to make everyone better off.
(01-19-2012, 01:52 AM)King Wrote: [ -> ]You won't get themes because they cost money. You need quality content and that is all. Just a place for people to discuss and analyse each others blogs to make everyone better off.

How can I get quality content without posting it myself? I can't get a good userbase untill I've got good quality content. I have began to post myself but it is slow and tedious but I'm still trucking on.

And about the themes, I could create them myself and pay other designers to create custom themes.
(01-19-2012, 01:55 AM)TalishHF Wrote: [ -> ]How can I get quality content without posting it myself? I can't get a good userbase untill I've got good quality content. I have began to post myself but it is slow and tedious but I'm still trucking on.

And about the themes, I could create them myself and pay other designers to create custom themes.

Unless you're an incredibly talented designer willing to put hours of your time that could be spent marketing your content into developing themes, I wouldn't recommend doing that.
Before anything, I would first like to see the credibility of the resources such a community provides. If its simply tips and tricks, I can get it off of http://www.howtomakemyblog.com/
If you're providing themes and designs, I would want to see the source. If they're simply copied off of some other designer or paid to get them, then value isn't really that high. Anyone can make do with free themes by just tweaking them a bit.

I have a blog, but one that i'm not interested in getting huge, just to make a place so that people can keep updated on what i'm working on or what i've already created, and other things like that. Cool snippets i've come up with, etc...
(01-19-2012, 02:59 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]I have a blog, but one that i'm not interested in getting huge, just to make a place so that people can keep updated on what i'm working on or what i've already created, and other things like that. Cool snippets i've come up with, etc...

I've added a section for small blogging projects, since you have a blog would you be interested in signing up to the forum? I would be very greatful!

Blogging projects section:
http://bloggersplace.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=34
If I sign up I personally can't guarantee any activity from myself on your forum. I'm hands full with forums right now that i'm registered on, and what I try to maintain mostly consists of my own forum and SF for the most part. I'm on several other forums for Windows, and MSDN.
Pages: 1 2 3