Support Forums

Full Version: Why can't I get over him?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He is an average person. There is nothing remarkable about him.
Not even that. He's less than that. He makes bad choices and says horrible things.
So why do I need him so much? I loved him.
I love him. It's one in the morning and I love him.
I know I'll be okay after I sleep but I can't sleep. I can't remember how he smells anymore but I can't breathe anyways cause it hurts like hell.
Were you in a relationship with this person? I assume so since you remember small things about him, like his smell. Perhaps you should spend more time being social and trying new ventures with other men. How long has it been since the 'separation'? (I only use this word because you haven't specified)
(01-17-2012, 02:45 AM).360 Wrote: [ -> ]Were you in a relationship with this person? I assume so since you remember small things about him, like his smell. Perhaps you should spend more time being social and trying new ventures with other men. How long has it been since the 'separation'? (I only use this word because you haven't specified)

It's been a couple months. We didn't even date for very long. Not in comparison. He has a girlfriend now. She's blonde.
(01-17-2012, 02:54 AM)SoulCake. Wrote: [ -> ]It's been a couple months. We didn't even date for very long. Not in comparison. He has a girlfriend now. She's blonde.

Did you know him well before you went out? Were you friends? What was it about him that attracted you? Surely something must stand out?
(01-17-2012, 02:58 AM).360 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you know him well before you went out? Were you friends? What was it about him that attracted you? Surely something must stand out?

I knew him as well as most of his best friends know him. Which really isn't saying much. The only thing most people know about him is that no one knows anything about him.
I don't know what attracted me to him.
From what i can see here you still have some feelings for this person the best thing to do if you have no chance of being with him in a relationship would be to try and mix with other males and keep yourself occupied as much as possible as times sitting alone can sometimes bring up memories as your mind has nothing else to focus on. Hope you can get over this person and find someone suitable for yourself in the near future.
I don't want to forget him. A lot of people, when they break up with someone, they don't feel the same. And then they meet someone new, and it's fresh and exciting, and they think, well maybe I didn't love them as much.
But that's not fair. I did. We had something special. I don't want to forget how it feels to love him.
You need to answer the one question before you do anything though.

"Do you even want to get over him or are you not willing to let him go? Or is it just hard for you to let him go?"

Quote:But that's not fair. I did. We had something special. I don't want to forget how it feels to love him.

You don't want to forget how it feels to love him or to be loved in general? Most people are attracted to the feeling of love that they can't let go of moreso after a breakup. The feeling of having to be alone all again is what most don't like.
(01-17-2012, 04:21 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]You need to answer the one question before you do anything though.

"Do you even want to get over him or are you not willing to let him go? Or is it just hard for you to let him go?"

You don't want to forget how it feels to love him or to be loved in general? Most people are attracted to the feeling of love that they can't let go of moreso after a breakup. The feeling of having to be alone all again is what most don't like.

No. I don't want to forget what it is to love him specifically. I've never met anyone like him, and I never will again. I'm okay with being alone. I'm okay with him being with the blonde girl, if that's what makes him happy. I just don't want to lose everything I have left of him.
All I can personally say is that, you'll be over him in about a month tops. I'm pretty sure of it, but no guarantees. I'm just saying that because i've seen it happen over and over again. Life seems like it ends after a breakup, but people always find a way to get past it at some point.

Until then, just move on and forget about the guy, unless he's okay with still being friends at this point. But it's not going to be the same, i'll give you that warning now.

Pages: 1 2 3