Support Forums

Full Version: CSS Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fixed the issue, site is finished.
A navbar to scroll with the person...
Code:
position: fixed;

I'm sure you have that. Make a table or something to place stuff on the sides.
I already tried that, I said the problem is not to make it scroll. The problem is making it go on the sides, the #contentbox id doesn't let it happen and I'm wondering what I screwed up.
You can't put a div next to a div unless you have a table with multiple columns defined in the html.

Quick Example:
Code:
<table>
    <tr>
        <td class="class1">
            <div id="something1"></div>
        </td>
        <td class="class2">
            <div id="something2"></div>
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>
Look now.

Code:
<tr>
<td class="class2">
         <div id="nav">
         </td>

<td class="class1"><div id="contentbox">
        </td>

</tr>
</table>

What am I missing?

edit: Ok I scrapped that. I figured out what was wrong, the way I centered the content box pretty much told any other div to fudge off haha

edit2: Completed the site. http://laughinginc.com
Laugh please take a look at all your mistakes....
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3...ne&group=0

It is a good practice to validate your Markup and remove errors, it helps you learn how to write proper html, which you failed in this case, don't take it seriously, everyone starts at a bad point.. Big Grin

Comments in HTML are not like comments in coding... ;)
Thanks for the reply Gaijin, but even Support Forums has issues like that. 98% of them don't harm the page at all.

Eventually I'll get to it, though.
(01-15-2012, 04:00 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply Gaijin, but even Support Forums has issues like that. 98% of them don't harm the page at all.

Eventually I'll get to it, though.

Ohhh that's sooo (un)true...
You see, search engines use HTML to find relevant things, bad html makes them in many cases oversee or misunderstand the contents of your page...

Quote:You can trust if you request one of the services above; you will get top quality work done.

Your whole coding speaks against the entire content of your page, again please consider this a constructive crticisim...

When you want to offer services as you do, a most important factor is that you make your site the very same quality that you offer to your customers...
Your page doesn't do that and if I were looking for services you offer, I wouldn't stay on your site more then a minute...

Let me explain you how I get contracts...
I visit pages of locals, take a look at their markup/css and other aspects of a website...
In most case what I find, are badly coded and structured pages which break on various browsers, I then contact the owners and point out to them what they have and what I can do for them...
In almost every case I get hired by them to repair the mess some incompeten dude have made..
This result in me having to Re-Design, Re-Structure, Re-Style and Re-Promote the site, but that isn't a worry for me, it's a problem for the one who made the previous version as he will first not get hired by them same people ever again, as they will return to me, and second, his reputation drops, thus making it hard for him to get jobs from other People who first google one before contacing him/her for the job.

So you see, with your Page, in no time I can get your customers away from you with the effect of slowely destroying your buisness...
If you improve the quality of your work, which comes with training, debugging and experience, you improve your chance of staying in the buisness...

Keep in mind, that SF uses a free software called MyBB as you know, this kind of software is unable to provide quality markup for their templates because of a simple fact, which is, dude who just code to get it done, not to improve the quality...

I don't use a single template for any software which I haven't done, simply because one that I do is ablt to keep markup and css valid for each browser, thus making it easier for search engines to crawl my site and find relevant information....
Actually, Gaijin, even Google has a lot of errors (36 Errors, 2 warning(s) ) and that's probably the most accessed site per day, so I doubt it effects the site even the slightest.
It's always best to validate your site.. http://validator.w3.org/docs/why.html
Pages: 1 2