Support Forums

Full Version: Nightmare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tonight, I had a nightmare. I was screaming out loud in my sleep (I didn't realize I was dreaming) until my girlfriend woke me up and asked what was going on. Very weird !!!

Dafuq is this? Anyone else that had an experience like this =P?
Quite often, however you would need to analyze your dream in order to understand it.
Screaming/Talking while dreaming is nothing uncommon and doesn't really mean it's a nightmare...

I've seen and heard people scream, cry, laugh, actually express any emotion while dreaming, simply because the memories which are being processed by the brain in the dream/sleep are intense or of significant nature for the dreamer...
(01-12-2012, 09:52 AM)Gaijin Wrote: [ -> ]Quite often, however you would need to analyze your dream in order to understand it.
Screaming/Talking while dreaming is nothing uncommon and doesn't really mean it's a nightmare...

I've seen and heard people scream, cry, laugh, actually express any emotion while dreaming, simply because the memories which are being processed by the brain in the dream/sleep are intense or of significant nature for the dreamer...

Thank you. My dream was a real nightmare.

In my dream I was watching a movie with a friend, and suddenly I was dragged along the floor, like in the movie Paranormal Activity. Then I started scream.

Probably a random nightmare?
May I ask, how close the friend you were watching a movie with was to you...
It can simply be that you have a hidden fear of losing this friend or not being able to engage in activity with friends...

"Dragged along the floor" can mean that you fear losing control over something which is important to you, for example losing the possibility or freedom of "watching a movie" with "who ever you want" and "when ever you want"....

I'm no expert in dream analyzing, so don't really take my words as I were one, but I do study my own dreams, and dreams have patterns, your sounds like what I described.
It's one of my best friends, so a close one.

Hmm, your explanations makes sense. Sounds really good.
Hmm, I think I'm going to google some 'dream analyzing'.

Thank you Gaijin.
There are a lot of theories about why we dream what we dream. Most of them have an idea that while we sleep, the unconscious part of our brain is organizing memories. Basically strengthening memories it decides we'll need in the future, while getting rid of junk we don't need. These electrical impulses are detected by our conscious brain, and our cortex freaks out and doesn't know what it means, so it tries its best to create a cohesive story.

This explains why dreams con be so random and not make any sense. They're not supposed to make sense. They are not a message from our brain. It's a result of our cortex trying to synthesize the noise coming from the work being done in our unconscious.
I've had alot of nightmares in my time, I read somewhere that they were caused by stress and other emotional things occurring in your life.

After a few minutes after I wake up I always wonder what happens at the end.
(01-12-2012, 12:50 PM)kid$ Wrote: [ -> ]I've had alot of nightmares in my time, I read somewhere that they were caused by stress and other emotional things occurring in your life.

After a few minutes after I wake up I always wonder what happens at the end.

I'm in my Finals right now, maybe that's what was causing it.
Anyway, I hope it don't happens again tonight, cause my GF isn't here now Sad .
Screaming loud in your sleep or doing actions/movments while having a nightmare sounds like a case of night terrors, it normally happens when your younger like 4-10 but it happens to older people sometimes you see your room and see yourself sleeping and see monsters and bad things happening while your asleep, you will be screaming and moving but you wont realise. Pretty crazy.
Yeah, pretty scary.

But now that I think about it, I want it to happen again.. Just to get the experience again, I think.
But not that scary dream =P.
Pages: 1 2