Support Forums

Full Version: Baseball cards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seriously, does anyone know anything about baseball cards?
I have literally over 9000, and they're just gathering dust in my closet.
I have some basketball ones as well, but mostly baseball.
Can anyone direct me to someplace where I can find out if they're worth anything?
They're all in perfect condition. Some are signed, and some are in the original packaging.
It's not just cards either, I have some plaques, tickets, and, for some reason, a "commemorative lunchbox."

Sell the important stuff on eBay for what you think it is worth. Sell it all individually.
(01-11-2012, 08:21 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]Sell the important stuff on eBay for what you think it is worth. Sell it all individually.

I don't know what anything is worth. At all.
Make your own prices up. Start bigger, and move the price down if no ones buys it. You'll get a feel for what is worth what.
It would be easiest if you knew individual players you had and all that.. You can't really tell by what you've said, you may or may not have anything worth much at all.

Even some of the best players cards aren't worth much money, it mostly depends on the brand of the cards (anything other than Topps isn't really worth it, Upperdeck and Bowman (Fleer and Upperdeck are both made by Upperdeck) are okay but not worth while unless it's a great card), the year of the card, condition and that players status in the Sport, etc. Rookie cards are really what you want for the most part.

I am going to assume you don't have really old cards, the most valuable ones, but there are some recent players that can be worth money. I found this link for the Top 20 "Modern Era" baseball cards, Top 20 in value.

I don't really know what to suggest as far as finding any valuable cards in a huge stack. You'll pretty much have to go through them, if you know what you're looking for, or have someone else do it. Or just sell all of them to someone as a risk/reward pile. Someone will be willing to filter through that pile to find any potential good cards.
(01-11-2012, 08:21 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]Sell the important stuff on eBay for what you think it is worth. Sell it all individually.

I'd actually just sell it all at once. You find people tend to buy collectables in bulk just in the hopes of finding something amazing in them that the seller might not have known about.. A hidden gem you might say.
That's what I did with a bunch of old coins I'd been given. I had about 200 of them, and just wanted to get rid, so rather than researching each individual coin to see what I could get, I just took a photo of them all, and put them up for auction. Some guy bid £50 so although I might have possibly lost out on some money, I really didn't care because I was £50 up, and didn't have a bunch of old coins lying around my house.