Support Forums

Full Version: How to get an active userbase before buying backlinks/advert spots?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of web masters have told me I should get an active userbase of about 20-50 users and a lot of useful threads and posts in each section. How do I do this? How do I entice people to join and begin to post tutorials and useful downloads.

I'm thinking of doing a pay per post thing. For example 5-10 high quality threads = 1$ or something like that. But I'm scared this might entice spam.
(01-11-2012, 03:52 AM)TalishHF Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of web masters have told me I should get an active userbase of about 20-50 users and a lot of useful threads and posts in each section. How do I do this? How do I entice people to join and begin to post tutorials and useful downloads.

I'm thinking of doing a pay per post thing. For example 5-10 high quality threads = 1$ or something like that. But I'm scared this might entice spam.

Either you stole this idea from philly or he stole it from you or you both think alike. Honestly i think it will start spam and make users take advantage of you and exploit the site to make money. Also you may result in paying out allot
(01-11-2012, 04:02 AM)Rуan Wrote: [ -> ]Either you stole this idea from philly or he stole it from you or you both think alike. Honestly i think it will start spam and make users take advantage of you and exploit the site to make money. Also you may result in paying out allot

It is a common idea, so you can't assume either philly or this member stole it from anyone. It's been done lots of times on various sites before.
(01-11-2012, 04:02 AM)Rуan Wrote: [ -> ]Either you stole this idea from philly or he stole it from you or you both think alike. Honestly i think it will start spam and make users take advantage of you and exploit the site to make money. Also you may result in paying out allot
What, no-one has stole this idea. Loads of forums do pay per post.
Just spread and wait. Post content and you will get members. Smile
(01-11-2012, 03:52 AM)TalishHF Wrote: [ -> ]For example 5-10 high quality threads = 1$ or something like that. But I'm scared this might entice spam.

Not if you clearly state that they MUST be high quality in order for them to obtain the money. TL;DR HQ = $$
(01-11-2012, 06:33 AM)Techie. Wrote: [ -> ]Just spread and wait. Post content and you will get members. Smile

Spread where? Can you give some examples. And there is no "Waiting" involved in constructing a forum.
Oh my god Talish you are like a seven year old. Can you not think for yourself? Simply get the word out by posting great, original content on relevant forums with your link. Don't spam. This will make people like you and want to join your forum. What you're doing now makes me want nothing to do with you.
(01-11-2012, 04:58 AM)TalishHF Wrote: [ -> ]What, no-one has stole this idea. Loads of forums do pay per post.

Im not saying you stole it like that. I'm saying because earlier he posted a forum on HF saying the same thing you said. Then i saw your thread so i just assumed. Sorry if you are offended in any way didn't mean to insult