Support Forums

Full Version: Blog owners get free VIP status on my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am offering a handful of blog owners VIP status on my forum and you will get access to all the VIP sections, you will be able to set a larger avatar and you will also be identified on the forum with a rank bar.

In return I would like you to help me out with getting some premium tutorials and downloads in the VIP section.

If your interested post below or pm me with your blog and username on my forum.

www.bloggersplace.net is the link
What are you giving away as VIP benefits? You should list those out just for reference
(01-09-2012, 08:34 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]What are you giving away as VIP benefits? You should list those out just for reference

Colored Username
Rank Bar
Access To VIP Sections
Bigger Avatar Size
Junk your own posts
Able to give higher rep points

Why does this benefit me? Can't I make my own forum to do that?

These benefits aren't very promising.
1. You have no content compelling enough to join.
2. Why care about VIP when I won't even join.
3. Why offer VIP for a new forum? Even I don't have paid subscribers here at SF yet.

Anyone starting a site should not do so with a paid VIP membership. And before you say "oh but it's free"...well that implies it's meant to be paid or that it might eventually be so.
(01-09-2012, 02:48 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]1. You have no content compelling enough to join.
3. Why offer VIP for a new forum? Even I don't have paid subscribers here at SF yet.

Anyone starting a site should not do so with a paid VIP membership. And before you say "oh but it's free"...well that implies it's meant to be paid or that it might eventually be so.

You know, I just realized you set the bar for a lot premium membership benefits for people running forums in MyBB. Comparable to how Halo: CE set the bar for console shooters, but on a much smaller scale obviously.
(01-09-2012, 02:48 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]1. You have no content compelling enough to join.

There is a lot of premium themes and plugins in the VIP section.
(01-10-2012, 08:26 AM)TalishHF Wrote: [ -> ]There is a lot of premium themes and plugins in the VIP section.

Then focus on that when promoting. IMHO you shouldn't even bother with avatars,sigs, and other smaller stuff. If you've got some premium content then focus on that. That's my advice.

(01-10-2012, 10:11 AM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Then focus on that when promoting. IMHO you shouldn't even bother with avatars,sigs, and other smaller stuff. If you've got some premium content then focus on that. That's my advice.
Okay thanks, I'm gonna be busy working on the forum and trying to get members at the moment. Your advice is always the best, I'm honored to be getting advice from you, your the biggest MyBB forum owner!