Support Forums

Full Version: What the fudge is going on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok for some reason I've had loads of unathorised payments to Microsoft. I was in bed when all these happened accept the last one.

As I was disputing them the $4.99 went through? I've changed all my passwords and security questions but I'm stumpped.

It also doesn't show what the payments were for... How can I find that out?

[Image: wtf.png]
lol?
Code:
http://www.techyforums.net/wtf.png

What about in your email? Any transaction receipts in there? I hate that auto-payment sh*t though. I never sign up to that kind of thing, you never know what happens with your payments if you set it to anything that renews after a period of time. And i'd rather be in full control of my balance.

Microsoft though? You an MSDN Subscriber?
Yes they're all in my E-Mail, every receipt.
billing.microsoft.com

I had a very similar problem recently.. This site is what ended up helping.
Contact their billing support, you can probably find out what happened there.
Ok so I'd love to contact them but my landline is down atm lol. I don't think it' XBox because they bill as "Microsoft Luxembourg " and I've checked my Xbox Billing and their is no record of any transactions.

These bills are from "Microsoft Corp", but I'm 99% certain the only Microsoft subscription service is XBL, I've never bought anything else from them...
So what exactly are the receipts from in your email? Are they just receipts from paypal or are there receipts from MICROSOFT as well? They may hold the key to what happened here.
They're from PayPal all the information I have is "Your Payment to Microsoft Corp" was successful. There is no further description or anything.

I've paid for something but I have yet to find out what it is.
Was the e-mail from service@PayPal.com? If not, it's fake.
I've managed to solve this. After speaking with Microsoft, PayPal and my bank we have confirmed that these were fraudulent payments.

Someone hacked my PayPal, transferred funds from my Bank (Making be overdrawn) and bought over 10,000 Microsoft Points for their XBL account.

Microsoft know who did this, PayPal have given transaction details to Microsoft and they know the GT who did it.

Subsequently both PayPal and Microsoft are taking legal action against the culprit (They won't tell me who it is) and PayPal have refunded my money and have paid my bank charges for going overdrawn.

I'm very secure online and I am more than aware of Phishing sites, RATS etc... I have no idea how they managed it but they're facing criminal charges.

I'm considering whether or not to take legal action of my own. But at least I have my money back.

I'm just glad XBL keeps all your details, addresses/names/numbers/IP's etc because it was so easy for them to trace Victoire
Pages: 1 2