Support Forums

Full Version: Sony Vegas issu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My PC stats are:

Processor: AMD sempron 2800+ , 1.6GHz.
RAM: 1,5GB
Videocard: 128Mb Ati Radeon (dunno which model, can't remember)

My sony vegas is really laggy and crashes for no reason at random times.
Usualy like 5 minutes after opening it, so I have to save every little step I do.

What should I update to get it working? Since it should work on the stats the webpage gives me.

I use Sony Vegas Pro 10, I also had the same issue with Sony Vegas Pro 9 and I am not going lower than 9.
I'm not hugely familiar with Sony Vegas requirements, but the one thing that stands out to me is your RAM. 1.5GB isn't nearly enough. I'd recommend 4GB.

Your specs aren't great so I don't think Sony Vegas will ever run flawlessly on your computer, but you should be able to get it running smoothly enough if you upgrade your RAM.
* MicrosoftT« WindowsT« XP 32-bit SP3, Windows VistaT« 32-bit or 64-bit SP2, or Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit
* 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
* 400 MB hard-disk space for program installation
* 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
* OHCI-compatible i.LINKT« connector/IEEE-1394DV card (for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape)
* USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
* Windows-compatible sound card
* DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
* Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
* Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
* Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc??C?o burning only)
* Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 (included on application disc)
* AppleT« QuickTimeT« 7.1.6 or later
* Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)

So 4 GB ram? Anything else, if yes then how much Big Grin
Go for 4GB RAM, which will cost around £30-40 ($50-$60).
And if you have enough, you could even get a new processor.

Other than that you should be alright.
The problem here that I am 90% sure of is that your computer does not have enough memory to run Sony Vegas on, as Fragma posted above, I highly suggest you upgrade your RAM to about 4GB, this will even let you run some of the latest games at high settings.

If your Motherboard is set to allow DDR3 RAM, purchase this: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6820231266

I have 12GB G-Skill RAM and cannot be happier, great buy for the money. Newegg does ship fast aswell.
It's could be your RAM. 1.5 GB it's low nowadays
Are you using a cracked version or the legit version?

The cracked version crashes due to the variables in it are wrong.
I guess I am going for RAM, I don't want too much tho, since I don't play games.
Maybe because sometimes it won't meet the system requirements, either try uninstalling it and re-downloading it, or see if their are any "Windows Updates" available because to be honest with you, sometimes those actually do help with computer errors and stuff like that .
Get good amount of RAM comes very handy
Pages: 1 2