Support Forums

Full Version: Portfolio Domain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to finally create a proper portfolio for everything I've done, people I've worked for, etc. I would rather not have my name in the domain, but do not think Laugh is a professional name either.

A brandable name is what I'm looking for, if anyone can offer any advice. Note: I probably won't use your idea even if I like it but will use it as inspiration to make my own. Right now I'm designing a website for a rather big construction company which gave me the kick in the butt to organize all of my projects on one website with everything about me.

I usually do not like making threads like this, but the more people thinking and the more ideas I get, the better the outcome will be.
So you're a web designer/developer? Hmm. Let's see here. If I were you, I'd like to have a simple and original domain name, so as to not look tacky. The .pro TLD would be the best way to go here. Not only does it offer a wide array of available domains, but it also shows your professionalism in the industry.
I Suggest coming up with a name that combines two others. E.g.

On XBox live there is this moderator called "Stepto" his name is a combination of his first and second name "Stephen Toulouse".

You see the combo? Why not try something similar? If not use it to make your own professional name.
(01-05-2012, 05:41 PM)King Wrote: [ -> ]So you're a web designer/developer? Hmm. Let's see here. If I were you, I'd like to have a simple and original domain name, so as to not look tacky. The .pro TLD would be the best way to go here. Not only does it offer a wide array of available domains, but it also shows your professionalism in the industry.

I am looking to go with a .com, and besides .pro's are only for qualified engineers.

(01-05-2012, 05:48 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]I Suggest coming up with a name that combines two others. E.g.

On XBox live there is this moderator called "Stepto" his name is a combination of his first and second name "Stephen Toulouse".

You see the combo? Why not try something similar? If not use it to make your own professional name.

I did think of that, but with my name it wouldn't work well. I'll keep thinking, thanks.
I can qualify for a .pro domain name Smile Lucky me lol. - P.A.L doesn't sound too bad.
I actually decided on a domain and development has begun, thanks for the ideas.
Just to add, you can register for a .pro domain through 101domain.com and you do not need proof of profession at all.
I only use Moniker, and was considering switching to NameCheap but decided otherwise.

Those will be the only two registrars I'd consider using in the near future, thanks for the information however.
(01-05-2012, 10:06 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]I only use Moniker, and was considering switching to NameCheap but decided otherwise.

Those will be the only two registrars I'd consider using in the near future, thanks for the information however.

I would have been using NameCheap for the purchase also, but they're not yet licensed to register .pro domains. A hell of a lot of registrars aren't.