Support Forums

Full Version: Are Apple's computers worth it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Well I'm due an upgrade for my laptop and want to move into getting a good gaming pc or a apple computer (Pc or laptop).I want a good computer so only honest options as I don't want to get it then not like it just to know how bad I need a new upgrade I'm using a pc with 2GB Ram around 2GHz and 170GB hard drive.

So what I want to know is are they worth it what is the ratio for money:how good it is.

If you need a good gaming pc you have to build your own with powerful GeForce GTX 550ti Smile
Considering Apple tend to only have mobile Graphic Cards, an Apple computer wouldn't suit your needs.
Quick answer.... No they aren't worth it.
No. If you want a taste of Mac OS X, use VMWare or Hackintosh.
Unless you're going to turn into a graphic designer, apple isn't worth it.
(01-04-2012, 02:18 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you're going to turn into a graphic designer, apple isn't worth it.

Why are Mac computers said to be better for photo editing?
For the price, I really don't think they are.
Though everyone I know who owns an Apple loves it.

(01-04-2012, 10:14 AM)forumhookers Wrote: [ -> ]If you need a good gaming pc you have to build your own with powerful GeForce GTX 550ti Smile

I don't know if I need a good gaming pc as I'm not sure if I would use it a lot or not.

(01-04-2012, 11:04 AM)★Cooldude★ Wrote: [ -> ]Considering Apple tend to only have mobile Graphic Cards, an Apple computer wouldn't suit your needs.

I never stated what my needs where also apple computers have readon hd top end graphics cards in them.

(01-04-2012, 11:06 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Quick answer.... No they aren't worth it.
What makes you say this do you
(01-04-2012, 12:52 PM)D3xus Wrote: [ -> ]No. If you want a taste of Mac OS X, use VMWare or Hackintosh.

Okay thanks for the suggestion,I may do this but would rather a new pc as this is slow and I like apple computers.

(01-04-2012, 02:18 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you're going to turn into a graphic designer, apple isn't worth it.
I like graphics and would have to say you don't have to be a graphic designer to have a back.

(01-04-2012, 02:29 PM)★Cooldude★ Wrote: [ -> ]

Why are Mac computers said to be better for photo editing?
Sorry I don't know what you mean ?

(01-04-2012, 03:01 PM)Yellows Wrote: [ -> ]
For the price, I really don't think they are.
Though everyone I know who owns an Apple loves it.

Yeah same with me and I quite love apple to that's why.

Even for a Graphic Designer it's not worth it.

The amount of money you pay for an Apple Mac, you could use to build a PC which is twice as good.
The only thing you're buying when it comes to Macs is the Apple logo.

------

Lets put it this way... You can buy an iMac for £999 ($1550).
What you get for that is:
21.5" 1920x1080 monitor
2.5GHz quad-core Intel i5 CPU
2x2GB DDR3 RAM
500GB HDD
Radeon 6750M GDDR5 GPU
Webcam
Mouse
Keyboard
OS X Lion

Those specs are very average... The computer I'm currently building will cost about the same as that, but has the following:
23" 1920x1080 IPS monitor
3.4GHz quad-core Intel i7 2600k Sandy Bridge
4x4GB DDR3 RAM
500GB HDD
Radeon 6870 GDDR5 GPU
Mouse
Keyboard
Windows 7 Professional
+
Gigabyte Z68 mobo
Corsair H60 water cooler
Antec 650w PSU
Coolermaster case
Crucial M4 SSD

I'm positive that people more knowledgeable than me will be able to get even more for their money with a custom built PC. Even buying a pre-built PC you'd save so much money than buying an Apple.

The only Apple I would even consider looking at would be a 12 core Mac Pro, but they cost £4,000, and for that much money, I'd rather build 4 computers and have my own render farm!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6