Support Forums

Full Version: Just bought a new laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just bought a new laptop. Below are the specs so please tell me what you think about it.
  • 2.4GHz Intel® CoreTM i5-2430M Processor
  • Memory(RAM): 6GB DDR3
  • HDD: 750GB (SATA/ 5400 RPM)
  • Graphics: Intel HD

Those are the most important.

/Discuss if it was a good buy. It cost me £399
For £399 looks like you got yourself a real bargain.
I plan on building a computer in the next week or 2. Just ordered the GPU today so I'm pretty excited about that.

This Alienware laptop that I'm using now was a total waste of money.
That's a really nice deal! I'm building my own PC as well. Fragma are you going with AMD or Intel? I'm partial to Intel but I don't want to spend a lot.
Nice I recently got a XPS desktop then modded it.
  • Single Intel i7 3000 processor.
  • 2gb AMD Radeon HD 6850 (don't even remember).
  • 1.5gb on storage.
  • 10 gb of ram.
Runs BF3 on ultra, so i'm fine with it. Also, a laptop like this is great. My friend got one but with a gtx 520 (almost the same card, different brand).
Is the card good enough to run some games?
(01-03-2012, 05:43 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]Is the card good enough to run some games?
As far as I know, yes. Not sure about BF3 (maybe at normal settings). It's a good on the go laptop, so you can play all those valve games (including, tf2, css, l4d2 ect).
While I don't know awfully too much about computers and specs, I know that is better than my current computer, lul.

It looks quite good to me, the specs in my opinion are quite good, it would be fine to run a game like CoD4, MW2 etc... So yeah it should be fine to run games.
(01-03-2012, 05:01 PM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]That's a really nice deal! I'm building my own PC as well. Fragma are you going with AMD or Intel? I'm partial to Intel but I don't want to spend a lot.

I'm going for Intel.
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-cor...4x-95w-oem
I think my i5 is decent enough for a laptop, especially at 2.4 GHZ.
Pages: 1 2