Support Forums

Full Version: [RELEASE] Series Watcher [RELEASE]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

Just wanted to share this in case anyone would like a copy Tongue

Application

Screenshot

I made this application for my girlfriend as she wanted an easy way to watch her "Dexter" series, and due to me being a messy developer, it was hard for her to find the series to watch, so i cam up with this in around a hour.

Features

* Easy Viewing
* Plays Fullscreen instantly
* Saves Series Folder for next run
* saves path of VLC player
* enables easy navigation to VLC website for VLC player (open source)
* easy to use
* Stable

This app solely uses VLC player for a number of reasons.
* Its quick
* It plays most files you throw at it
* It has excellent options and command line arguments.

This application is also 17.5MB due to having "FFMPEG" included in the resources to grab the a video frame at 15 seconds to use as a thumbnail preview in app. (If anyone knows a way i can reduce the size in app, please let me know)

Preview

Download

Here

Virus Scan

I was halfway through uploading it on VT and my internet went (unstable wifi card) so never actually did one.

It may or may not be detected as a virus, due to the application dropping "FFMPEG" into appdata and then ffmpeg making a .jpg in the same folder.

That's the only thing i can think that may be detected :/

Comments

I Like this app as it taught me how to use a .exe from resources and how to grab thumbnail images from a stream.

Obviously this app is not amazing by any standards, but it helps my Mrs out!! (she dose not know what an O/s is!!) So app is needed, and i feel safe my pc will still have app its files after she watches Dexter! Tongue
I have quite a good idea like this actually, something better than this. Thanks! Big Grin

As for this though, there's not really a point in this as you can browse normally anyhow.
(01-03-2012, 12:23 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]I have quite a good idea like this actually, something better than this. Thanks! Big Grin

As for this though, there's not really a point in this as you can browse normally anyhow.

Lol agreed unless your my Mrs! Lmao. I don't like letting her have free roam on y laptop too many valuable sources Smile so went with a safe app ;)
(01-04-2012, 01:23 AM)FizzyMentos Wrote: [ -> ]Lol agreed unless your my Mrs! Lmao. I don't like letting her have free roam on y laptop too many valuable sources Smile so went with a safe app ;)

lol I know what you mean, for everything that I have on my computer and for how clean and customized i've kept it, I don't let anyone touch my computer. I always lock it when i'm away and my password is a very secure memorized key. I know the way people that i've seen use computers, and that's the reason why I don't let them use mine Smile

They usually just have no clue that some of the things they do and download are complete crap.

Nice application though, I was wondering why you created something like this at first until I read that haha
Pretty useful program when you have like 30 episodes Tongue