Support Forums

Full Version: Suggestion: Anonymous Posting In ES Section.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, IMO this would increase the use of the section because it would allow people to ask more personal questions. I know for a fact I wouldn't post any of my problems there because I like to keep my real life, and online life separate. I use the name Vorfin for every online community were I am a programmer. And a different name for all online communities were I am my "real" self.

I know that I would love to be able to take advantage of the help section of the site, but I'm sure me and many others are reluctant of posting. Another point being, many of our members are from HackForums. Now I'm sure you will agree telling hackers about your private life wont lead anywhere good.

Of course this may lead to spam, but much like the anon rep feature, staff members would still be able to see who was posting. I don't think it would be abused as much as your think when you hear the word "Anonymous Posting"

It would also allow fair and impartial advise, no based on their sex, reputation, or previous posts.

Just an idea, and I'm sure there are lots of problems, I just feel that I, and many others would love to take advantage of the services of this forum as a whole, and not be deterred from posting about their real life, or emotional issues. I know if I told you mine you would never look at me the same Roflmao
Interesting thought. And i certainly understand where your coming from.
I dont expect it to come to pass but its a great idea. It would certainly allow people to be more open and honest.
Thats a great idea
Good idea, I'm curious as to where Omni stands on this.

Doesnt sound like to fun of a plugin to craft
This has been suggested, even before the ES section was implemented. If I remember correctly Omniscient said he'll try to do something similar but it's not a priority at the moment.
(11-01-2009, 05:58 PM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]This has been suggested, even before the ES section was implemented. If I remember correctly Omniscient said he'll try to do something similar but it's not a priority at the moment.

I believe I suggested it in the thread that suggested ES, I got some feedback, however the comment wasn't looked at/replied to by Omni.
(11-01-2009, 06:00 PM)Vorfin Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I suggested it in the thread that suggested ES, I got some feedback, however the comment wasn't looked at/replied to by Omni.

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....al+support
(11-01-2009, 06:06 PM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....al+support

Ah, I guess I'm wrong =/ Oh well.
I think this is a great idea. Hopefully it happens.
Staff would certainly have to be able to see the poster. And it would have to be only registered users but something like a button next to the Post Reply button in that section only. Perhaps like an Annonomous button or something??
Pages: 1 2