Support Forums

Full Version: Boot.SDI $Extend Meta Directory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would anyone happen to know anything about the $Extend folder in the boot.sdi file?

Strange Microsoft still uses the same one from 2005... Rolleyes

Boot.SDI File Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8oltv9k679tt27t

My screenshot:
[Image: iTWm7AU4flCJb.png]
There seems to be a fair bit of information on the topic here.
Still not much explained about $Extend in that particular topic, but i'll see if I can find some more information on this through google or any found documentation.
(12-30-2011, 08:48 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Still not much explained about $Extend in that particular topic, but i'll see if I can find some more information on this through google or any found documentation.

Yeah, I don't think many people here will have any knowledge on the topic. Whistle
I know it's probably reserved for image data then parsed down info to the $LogFile (which I still don't understand why it's such a large file by default being 2MB!) along with all the other parent hidden files, but I was hoping to see exactly how it works in combination with the other meta files. You can view the file for yourself by removing the first 2000 bytes or so in the file, which then enables you to view the file as raw data.

And that's just a screenshot of the [System] contents.