Support Forums

Full Version: Another Vbulletin theme edit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all. Another theme issue i cant seem to resolve Sad
Years or running VBulletin now and it still has me stumped.
Anyway in the users profile i have a font vs background color issue.
Check out the below image.

[Image: 13252040059559_profile.png]

Highlighted text so you can see it otherwise its white on white.

Cant for the life of me work out where the damn edits can be found.
Spend literally hrs already and sort of gave up lolz.
You go into your Template styles and edit the CSS from there, i've been in there for edits before on Vbulletin, and it's not very well laid out, but pretty simple to fix. They are listed by category, otherwise there's a global CSS just like in MyBB. Find the hex value of that text which is most commonly what color values are stored in and Ctrl + F results that may be relevant to that CSS style depending on what class you find with something like Firebug in your webbrowser.
I've just bought a license (thought I'd try it) so when I get activated I'll take a look also. That's if the above answer doesn't help you.
I'll help out, only if he asks, otherwise I see no reason to force my advice on him, it's always going to be up to the user in the end to decide on which advice they want to try. All i'm saying is that i've dealt with the CSS and Vbulletin for quite a while on my localhost recently. I wanted to see how their forum mods work. Yet the documentation for that is very limited. The downside of being paid forum software, as opposed to MyBB where development comes at a free price, and more active support because it's free, and everyone can afford it.
Yea thanks Ace.
I know its in the templates. More specifically i am wanting to know where.
I ended up finding it so thanks anyway guys.
It was .userprof_content{
Did you use firebug to help you out? The class or div there is usually a hint as to where it may be found. Since I too know the cluttered templates for editing in Vbulletin. It's pretty crappy.
(12-29-2011, 10:22 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use firebug to help you out? The class or div there is usually a hint as to where it may be found. Since I too know the cluttered templates for editing in Vbulletin. It's pretty crappy.

No mate i ended up just searching and searching. Found the general area and edited one at a time until i got what i wanted lol.
Trial and Error. The way i learn so much.
Hopefully trial and error is paired with some kind of method of narrowing down a list of obstacles or problems to troubleshoot better than aiming blindly though lol Smile

Good that you found it
(12-29-2011, 10:29 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]No mate i ended up just searching and searching. Found the general area and edited one at a time until i got what i wanted lol.
Trial and Error. The way i learn so much.

Don't know if you know about it or not, but the best tool for CSS modifications for things like this is Google Chrome's Inspect Element function. All you would have to do is right click on that area of the page, select Inspect Element, and it'll come up with the exact CSS entry you need to edit.

Just for future reference. Victoire
(12-29-2011, 10:34 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully trial and error is paired with some kind of method of narrowing down a list of obstacles or problems to troubleshoot better than aiming blindly though lol Smile

Good that you found it

I do actually have a reasonable level of experience with coding in html and php.
Just VB's hooks are difficult to learn.
And to be honest the real reason is i hardly ever have to do any edits. VB just runs for me how i want so when it comes time to do major edits i fail to remember.

King Wrote:Don't know if you know about it or not, but the best tool for CSS modifications for things like this is Google Chrome's Inspect Element function. All you would have to do is right click on that area of the page, select Inspect Element, and it'll come up with the exact CSS entry you need to edit.

Just for future reference. Victoire

I dont use google chrome but will keep that in mind thanks King.
FF is for me. Always has been and i am stubborn to change.
Pages: 1 2